Look at all those sledders

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
They're sailing down the hillsides as I type! Who's gonna get the first sled drops this year?!?

I'm still down with the back, got the MRI done last week and it showed I torqued the lower spine on a spill down the stairs. That L4 is shoved straight into the next vert with remains of disk spat out all around it. Haven't got to lay down in 4 weeks now! Since I can only stand and can only sit in one or two positions w/o crying like a baby I figure I might just as well be at work so I haven't missed anytime there. Doc and therapists not happy with that, but it keeps me minimally insane.

I'd like to hit the hill bottoms with you all this weekend but can't chance the slip in the snow so I look forward to seeing what those little yellow machines get done for you all! Remember, it's all surface so you don't need to take the big guns!

Good luck and happy hunting all!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hope your back gets better, I remember it was messed up last time we hunted. You took a big risk climbing that STEEP muddy hill, we both could of fell off and got busted up BAD!!! At the bottom of a sledding hill is where I found my biggest gold, so guys - fireup those machines!!!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Yeah, your gold ring is a lot bigger in person than it looks in the photos you posted some time ago.

Sledding hills are great for gold and silver jewelry. Keep us updated if you score some nice finds from the sledding hills!

Joe

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
I thought your back would be better by now. Sorry to hear it's gonna be a while yet, but
yeah, you're much better off indoors.

I threw mine out real bad years ago, and then about once a year after that. The last time was so bad I went and seen a chiropractor. I'll never do that again. :o

I found a $7.00 cure for mine..... a bottle of Christian Brothers brandy. I was on my side, stomach, and back for around 5 days till I started sipping on the bottle. After 1/4 of the bottle was gone I was able to get up on my hands and knees and move a little bit. Another 1/4 bottle and I was standing up, but looked like a crooked tree.
A few snorts more and I was in a hot and much needed shower. I went to work the next day.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread