Look in your attic.

Indyrocks

Greenie
Feb 2, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA
Detector(s) used
GTA 1000
Taking a lunch break so I thought I would post.
We moved into a bigger house 5 years ago here in Indianapolis. The house was built in the early 50's and has had a few owners. I bought a new TV this week that I wanted to put in my daughters room. I mounted it in one of the corners of the room high up from the ceiling. Kinda like you see in sports bars and the like. I had to run the cable to her room and being a guy who hates sloppy wiring jobs, I went through the attic/small craw space. I had to find the access panel to the attic as I have never needed or thought to even go up there. It happened to be in a hall closet. I took off the panel, got blown insulation in the face, and popped up my ladder into the abyss. Low and behold, I found a small box that looks like a record storage box for 45's. There were no records in the box, it was stuffed full of baseball and football cards. I am going to sort through them and post a few pics later this evening. 5 years and I find it today. I need to get out more.

S

stefen

Attics are goldmines as are storage sheds, barn lofts and garage rafters.

I was digging around in the storage shed at my mountain cabin and found box after box of blacksmith crafted tools and turn of the century factory made tools.

Keep looking.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Indyrocks said:
Taking a lunch break so I thought I would post.
We moved into a bigger house 5 years ago here in Indianapolis. The house was built in the early 50's and has had a few owners. I bought a new TV this week that I wanted to put in my daughters room. I mounted it in one of the corners of the room high up from the ceiling. Kinda like you see in sports bars and the like. I had to run the cable to her room and being a guy who hates sloppy wiring jobs, I went through the attic/small craw space. I had to find the access panel to the attic as I have never needed or thought to even go up there. It happened to be in a hall closet. I took off the panel, got blown insulation in the face, and popped up my ladder into the abyss. Low and behold, I found a small box that looks like a record storage box for 45's. There were no records in the box, it was stuffed full of baseball and football cards. I am going to sort through them and post a few pics later this evening. 5 years and I find it today. I need to get out more.
Woo-Hoo!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep us up to date on this one!!!

Minnie

Dec 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Thats a treasure for sure. I hope you find some really good ones in the cards.
It really is worth looking in attics. Once in a house I rented I went thru the attic just to see what was up there. Tucked way in the back I found a box of old books. They turned out to be a 10 volume set of Compton's Pictured Encylopedias from 1928. I still have them and they are fascinating to read.

OP
OP
Indyrocks

Indyrocks

Greenie
Feb 2, 2008
Indianapolis, IN USA
Detector(s) used
GTA 1000
Sorry it took so long, here are some pics of the loot.
I have not gone through the entire box yet, but will try and get to it later this week.

the box 001.jpg

the box 002.jpg

the box 003.jpg

the box 004.jpg

the box 005.jpg

the box 006.jpg

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Indyrocks said:
Sorry it took so long, here are some pics of the loot.
I have not gone through the entire box yet, but will try and get to it later this week.

Hey now! You've got some pretty nice stuff in there! :o :o

You probably need to swing past a bookstore and pick up a copy of Beckett's or Tuff Stuff, sports card pricing guides.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Willy Mays played his last game with the Giants in 1972. Reggie Jackson was with the Oakland A's until 1975. Greise played for the Dolphins from 1967 to 1979 but his best year was 1972 when they went undefeated in regular season play. Chamberlain was with the Lakers from 1969-73. Namath finished with the Jets in 1976, but his heyday was a few years earlier. I'd say your cards are probably circa late 60's to early 70's.
Nice find!!!!
Keep us posted on the research!

Weasel_Loader

Feb 16, 2008
California City, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer CTX 3030
Cybercop106 said:
Willy Mays played his last game with the Giants in 1972. Reggie Jackson was with the Oakland A's until 1975. Greise played for the Dolphins from 1967 to 1979 but his best year was 1972 when they went undefeated in regular season play. Chamberlain was with the Lakers from 1969-73. Namath finished with the Jets in 1976, but his heyday was a few years earlier. I'd say your cards are probably circa late 60's to early 70's.
Nice find!!!!
Keep us posted on the research!

Namath actually finished with the Rams in 1977. Only a true old time Rams fan would know that little-known fact. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions