Look what I found along the road..

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
If you are ever in the Kansas City area, go east on I-70, and within an hour on the north side of the Interstate you will see an actual Learjet parked in someone's front yard.

The story goes that it was owned by a businessman who, for whatever reason, became furious with Learjet over something, and vowed he was going to never fly it again, but was going to park it in his front yard permanently.

I first saw it in 1995...I was working for Learjet at the time in the Final Assembly department, and I saw it on vacation. When I got back to work I asked my boss about it, and was told the above story. It is apparently a very early model, I think one of the first 25 ever made, and Learjet had tried to buy it from the man due to it's historical value, but he refused to sell....last time I saw it was in 1997. I don't know if it is still there or not...

I think I snapped a photo of it...but it is buried in tons of photos in storage...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Little bit ridiculous. I doubt it's worth 1/10 that even to a well off Deere collector. The 330 is kind of a ho hum model. Like having serial number 1 of a Buick Regal. Nice, but so what? John Deere started making steel plows in 1837 was making tractors for 35 years prior to 1958.

Now if it was the first 1923 Model N in that condition.

And to say you have to show up with $100,000 cash in three days?

C'mon.

Model 330
330.jpg

My neighbor down the road has a 320. I'll have to go tell him he might be a rich man as the 330 was just the "economy" version of his. :D

Model 320
320U.jpg

Darned Yuppies drive the prices up.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
98 Bids up to $100,000.00 and.......

Ebay took the listing off with 3 days left.

What a Joke.....

Charles

May 23, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Stingray II, AT Pro and Surfmaster II.
Someone has bid up to $75,000 on this again after it relisted.

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005
MalteseFalcon - That plane is still there or at least it was last time I was through there about 2 years ago. Always wondered why it was out there. lol

Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread