OP
OP
R

Rockislandrick

Mar 13, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found couple of weeks ago in a softball baseball parking lot with pull tabs and bottle caps every 6 inches. Both the find and the return are on YouTube under my Rockislandrick channel. BTW this is my first time posting pictures and a find so I didn't know if it would actually show.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty ring! Cool that you were able to return it to its owner! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a beautiful ring! Good for you. What did Tyler say when you found him? How did you find him?
BTW, you take the best pictures I've ever seen.

OP
OP
R

Rockislandrick

Mar 13, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
His name was inside the ring band. It weighted 18 grams. I didn't suspect that the diamonds were real and he said they were not. That it was a new design and he liked it. Lost it about a year after he got it. It took it off to play softball and put it on top of his equipment bag. When he returned he thought someone had taken it, but apparently had fallen on the ground. This was at night and there was no lights where he had parked. He was thrilled to get it back. My wife had a phone book and after looking for his last name there were 2 in the phone book so I called the first one and it was his dad. Pretty lucky. Oh, it was 10k.

Last edited:

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, better return!! Job well done..

-- Jeff --

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Its nice to see that we make peoples losses a happy time! Beautiful ring!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome recovery and return! :occasion14:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have a photo you you two when returning the ring?

If so, it deserves an honorable mention!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. If it were found up in my area, my highschool was Plainfield HS Panthers. And...my son's name is Tyler, but he went to a different HS than me. Cool coincidence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread