Looking at classic T2

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
T2 hands down:thumbsup:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with your Garrett 1500. In fact, I hunted with a GTP 1350 years ago. Great machine, just older technology. You will find that for $499, the T2 is the best "bang for the buck" on the detector market right now. Target separation is lightning fast and the T2 can go deep. It is lightweight and as well balanced to swing as anything else out there. You can't go wrong for $499. Some of the dealers on this site can probably go cheaper than the $499 advertised price. Let us know what you decide and Happy Hunting!:icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nansee, I have a friend who has a Classic he just assemble tested for 5 min. He's asking $400 shipped.

OP
OP
N

Nansee

Tenderfoot
Nov 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nansee, I have a friend who has a Classic he just assemble tested for 5 min. He's asking $400 shipped.

I will say after buying the classic using it for 5 min. And then wanting to sell it does not sound good to me. Could be I want to stay away from the classic .

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did not mesh with it, just like I did not like the ATPro and sold it within a month of buying it. It has nothing to do with the machines ability. It is a very capable machine packed with many great features and I cannot for the life of me figure why he didn't like it. The one thing is the warranty is not transferable so saving $40-50 may not be worth it.

Last edited:

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my t2 classic.I liked it within the 1st hour of using it.Now at 35 hrs of using it I love it.It was purchased as a backup and has earned its spot as primary.Its a very deep smooth running well balanced machine.In my opinion its the best detector for the money I have ever bought and there is no close second.Some people may not like not having notch but it dont bother me at all.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
He did not mesh with it, just like I did not like the ATPro and sold it within a month of buying it. It has nothing to do with the machines ability. It is a very capable machine packed with many great features and I cannot for the life of me figure why he didn't like it. The one thing is the warranty is not transferable so saving $40-50 may not be worth it.
Yes i do not think that would be good a new detector with out a warranty so that saving's of $40-$50 would not be worth it .. So Fletch how do you like your Classic ?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would only buy them from a dealer, there are too many counterfeits out there.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is not counterfeit. I buy and sell and help people locate machines across several forums from members I know and have dealt with before.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people may not like not having notch but it dont bother me at all.

I'm seriously considering one of these. I hear the G2 is pretty bad ass as well. Also, the Omega 8500 looks really sweet. So many choices; so little cash.........

What really caught my eye in your post was when you mentioned the lack of notch which I was unaware of until now. I do agree with you though.

The longer I detect the more I find no need whatsoever for notch. I haven't used it at all for months. I dig just about everything above iron anyway and have been rewarded with a pretty fair share of gold as a result. In fact, on a few occasions I've even accidentally hit the notch setting (in the dark) and once I realized it I un notched immediately. Too risky IMO.

When I was notching in the beginning of this hobby I often felt that I was possibly blocking out good targets. For instance, notching out zinc can also notch out some silver rings. I've had at least three of them ring up in the high zinc range (when I wasn't notching of course). Had I notched out zincolns I would have missed those rings for sure.

I just feel that I've worked too hard at this hobby to risk leaving ANY silver, gold and some coins such as V Nickels and Flying Eagle cents in the ground.

Coins that have unusual compositions can really fool you. If you notch out certain ranges you can pass right over them and never know it. The way I see it, I'm hunting treasure and I'm willing to dig just about anything to find it. Besides, discrimination seems to do the job just fine for me.

I've been hunting with no disc at all for a good while now so I can really know where the iron is as well when I've gotten it out of my way. If I get some mixed signals I can always kick the disc up a notch or two to get a better idea of any targets hiding in the iron.

So, lack of notch wouldn't stop me from buying a good machine for one second.

It really looks like some of these prices are beginning to drop. It really makes me wonder what they're cooking up next. Maybe they're clearing out some of the old to ring in the new.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread