Looking at Mxt Pro on tue

don42

Sep 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking at a used MXT Pro on tue and would appreciate some input on how to check this machine out to make sure its 100% as the seller claims. Its supposedly 1 year old and has been used only once on his gold claim. Sounds good but then gold claim got me to thinking ...out in the woods, tents, water. I will do the obvious cosmetic checks, and will also make sure I take 8 neww aa batteries with me to power it up, but short of that i really dont have a clue as to what else to do. How would damage from moisture show up. I live in a wet climate so that would be a real potential. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Don:icon_scratch:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take a assortment of targets to check. Clad, zinc & copper pennies, pull tab or two and a gold ring if you have one. Check to make sure they respond correctly according to the the VDI. Also look into the battery compartment & barrery box and make sure there is no corrosion. I had a battery go bad and cause all kinds of corrosion issues on one of my machines once.
The MXT Pro is great machine. If everything checks out you'll have yourself a keeper. Wish I hadn't traded mine off.

Last edited:

mouseman

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2013
I have an mxt pro. when checking on stuff make sure you use the right coil. Keep in mind the mxt pro isn't a gold metal detector but, it will pick up on c/j as far as gold hunting. Gold hunting it's not the choice. Mxt pro is a good machine. Make sure you swing the detector to make sure it pin points. Most of it's coil's don't work well in sand. The mxt pro is more of an inland detector. Well lot's of luck and I hope I was helpful.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it does pretty well on gold and it has the same tracking of one of white's gold detectors the GMT I believe it is, and have heard it does pretty well as I believe someone was talking about using them in somewhere in Alaska. When detecting coins the ground tracking is about the best out there for that reason, and you want to be able to turn the gain up all the way at waist high as a lot of times a bad coil will overload on a high gain setting and get worse from there. White's has a 2yr transferable warranty and I think you just go to the website to transfer it so it its only 1yr old you should have one left on it. White's service is excellent as well they don't charge much and work on their very old detectors still. HH

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT PRO is an excellent machine with one weakness, unless your hunting low trash areas like beach hunting in the sand on shallow water the 12 coil is useless and does not work well anywhere else and reason is being that the larger coil reads too many targets at once and confuses the machine. The 950 or 10DD are the 2 ideal coils for searching everywhere and anywhere. For high trash areas like parks the smaller coils work well also. I can hit a silver dollar buried 18 inches in beach sand with mine ! I use it in the water as well and found some nice gold jewelry items. Searching a local fishing hole turned up original silver minnow, hooks all rusted away but its solid silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread