Looking at the Marko multi kuzer

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my choices narrowed down to the multi kuzer and the equinox 600 . But I am just not getting the big need for multi frequency I don't seem to see the benefits of it goes multi simultaneous of the equinox really make a difference? For the kruzer what would I use the 5 and 19khz freq. for? There are no gold nuggets to be found in South texas.. I just don't understand the multi freq stuff

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any dealers near you who have these machines? I always like to see and test drive them before I buy them. I have bought a few turkeys in the past and have dumped them at a loss. No one around here that I know of has the kruzer and the 600 is brand new, so I haven't seen either. There sure is a lot of competition for mid level machines right now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Closest dealer is over 2 hours away in Houston.. this is my problem I have to make decisions based on reviews and word of mouth

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have no problem driving 2 hours to check a new detector uot.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can wait for a head to head... Terry Soloman has a kruzer coming and has just received the 600. I'm also in the same boat but I know a guy with the multi kruzer that said it's no replacement for a CZ21 (which is 2 frequency ).

The kruzer looks excellent but some of the equinox vids coming out on small gold at the beach are amazing. Its a tough call. Made even tougher by the similar pricing.

Hopefully more kruzer videos will come out over the next few weeks and some head to heads with the equinox to help guys like us make a decision. I like minelab so I'm slightly bias, but Im open minded and by no means brand loyal.

Chub

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would drive two hours and sightsee and go antiquing on the way. I have made the mistake of buying them from word of mouth and hype and every last one of those, except the Tesoro Cibola wound up disappointing. Ads lie. Word of mouth is sometimes a dealer trying to sell you a machine. I resisted my Deus for over a year and a half till I could see it in action, then bought it on the spot after I saw the performance. In this instance my dealer friend brought it over and that was all folks.How much for cash? And it was a done deal.

OP
OP
R

rickbrk

Jan 2, 2013
Floresville TX.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smokey the dues may be another dog in the fight.. I can get a new dues with remote box for less than 200 more than a equinox 800..

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of good machines out there. I have owned White's, Tesoros, Garretts, and the XP Deus. I have tested some of the Minelabs and Bounty Hunters. I would seriously go "visit" any machine before I bought it. And I don't care about the hype. That's people trying to sell you something.

I once thought I would try salt water near shore/wash line digging. I was successful. Here's an example of what I came up with. The Bounty Hunter and the Garrett AT Pro did not work well. The XP Deus did ok, but it doesn't get great depth. Don't know if we really want to dig stuff 12" at the beach, in the water, but it didn't get great depth. The Minelab Excalibur I tested (a friend's, well I just plain didn't like it), the Tesoro Tiger Shark and Sand Shark, had one of each, well at that point I decided the ocean was too rough here to go in and lots of people get hurt where I go due to road construction debris having been tossed in the water by hurricanes, so I stopped. I won't do salt water detecting until I can find a beach that goes out pretty flat for a bit before it turns into a canyon. Around here it's "canyon land". About 200 miles away it's better, but I don't really want to go to a beach that far away.

The Tesoro Cibola and Vaquera did great at a salt water beach. I still have a Cibola and am seriously thinking about getting another Vaquera.

Another example. I was digging the highly mineralized Virginia Red Dirt. The stuff from hades. The White's TDI would get items, but being a pulse induction machine, it dug every blasted nail and horse shoe out there. That gets tiring real fast. It was also pretty heavy. I can't handle the heavy models, arthritis. I also tried the big Garrett and a couple Minelabs there. I could hardly pick up the Minelabs. Their PI machines are heavy as Mack trucks and I can't handle one physically. Age will do that to you.

The Cibola was ok down to maybe 4" on a minie ball, but that is inadequate most places. However the Vaquera would pull them with the big DD loop down to at least 10". My Garrett AT Pro only got down a few inches in that dirt. I have figured out which configuration the XP Deus likes in Virginia and I can dig a minie 8-10" deep. My older White's VLF couldn't handle that dirt at all.

I personally have dumped at least 6 machines at a loss because they did not either work for me personally, or they did not live up to their advertising and some were just same old stuff, different day, there was no need to get another machine.

I would just try it before you buy it. Make an appointment with a multi line dealer and have a day out! Choose whichever is best for you. Nobody else's opinion really matters all that much because you will be the one to use it.

Last edited:

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Makro's are certainly interesting, would love to try one, but before you drop money on a Makro, is there a service center here in the states, and how is the parts availability? I might be wrong but I think these are made in Turkey.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lisfisher, good point. When I needed a Garrett fixed, it was lightning fast. When I broke an accessory on the Deus, the replacement was here in 3 days. When my Tesoro was sent back to be refurbished, rain inside the case will do that, it was back in my hands in 12 days. Lisfisher has a very good point, if any machine breaks, how long to get it back? Brands I didn't mention I have no experience with regarding repairs.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a few issues with my Makro Racer 2. The first issue was a falsing coil. after i sent a video to Dilek a new part was sent DHL from Turkey. The part; a back plate was sent out on Thursday and i got it the following Monday. The other issue i had was that the rubber boot fell off the pinpointer/ Ground balance switch and the switch stopped working. A replacement switch with boot was again sent via DHL from Turkey and it arrived in under a week. Both repairs were done by me, and they were easy to do with no soldering. Customer Service with Makro is top notch, and if you are on the Makro/ Nokta forum you have obviously noticed Dilek from customer service is a fairly regular contributor. Just a look at the number of posts she has made will tell you that Makro/Nokta care about their customers. I believe that if you had an issue that needed an authorized repair you would have to send the unit to a repair center, but i don't know where that would be. However judging by past experiences, i doubt that it would be a problem at all.

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
If Im very interested in a machine I buy it used and then resell it. Haven’t lost money yet. I always go for machines in like new condition so there easier to resell or incase I wan’t to keep it. Either way it works out.
Have a like new CZ3D with two coils and a Tesoro golden umax to sell this spring. Got the CZ3D because it was a steal.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a few issues with my Makro Racer 2. The first issue was a falsing coil. after i sent a video to Dilek a new part was sent DHL from Turkey. The part; a back plate was sent out on Thursday and i got it the following Monday. The other issue i had was that the rubber boot fell off the pinpointer/ Ground balance switch and the switch stopped working. A replacement switch with boot was again sent via DHL from Turkey and it arrived in under a week. Both repairs were done by me, and they were easy to do with no soldering. Customer Service with Makro is top notch, and if you are on the Makro/ Nokta forum you have obviously noticed Dilek from customer service is a fairly regular contributor. Just a look at the number of posts she has made will tell you that Makro/Nokta care about their customers. I believe that if you had an issue that needed an authorized repair you would have to send the unit to a repair center, but i don't know where that would be. However judging by past experiences, i doubt that it would be a problem at all.

It looks like the service center is in the UK. Here is the link if you need service. Postage may be pricey from U.S. if not covered.
Makro Metal Detectors: The Best Metal Detector Manufacturer

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hearing they will have a dedicated US distributor that will help take care of any warranty issues in the US

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my choices narrowed down to the multi kuzer and the equinox 600 . But I am just not getting the big need for multi frequency I don't seem to see the benefits of it goes multi simultaneous of the equinox really make a difference? For the kruzer what would I use the 5 and 19khz freq. for? There are no gold nuggets to be found in South texas.. I just don't understand the multi freq stuff

Just getting back into MDing and looking to buy a detector, I am wondering the same thing about Multi Freq. Being in Louisiana, will it be any benefit to me? However, there are brand new Detectors coming out between 7 and $800 bucks, is it worth paying for a MD that is 15 years old being the same price as this new Tech?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions