Looking for a dive boat for sale

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might want to be a little bit more specific....length..accommodations....electronics...salvage equipment, and price range?. Also If you plan to dive the Fl East Coast a lot of ocean floor you will be searching has been leased, you will have to sub lease from Treasure Salvors Inc. in Key West. I think the lease run $1K. There are posts on TN that show you the locations that have been leased. If beach detecting in the lease areas you are allowed to search to the waters edge to the dunes 25-30 yards. Florida Boat Trader would be a good place to search for boats.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keys have some mighty fine sites, if it could be possible legally to work them.

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
Or you could go metal detecting at Escambia river... ;) 28237463.jpg

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me see if breaking the document down to sections, will make it easier to read.

28237463-A.jpg

28237463-B.jpg

28237463-C.jpg

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
This one is clear as water :)

[Map]

"Scale 20 gunter’s chains to an inch
West Florida

Pursuant a Warrant from His Excellency Peter Chester Esquire Captain General Governor and Commander in Chief in and over His Majesty’s Province of West Florida to me directed bearing date the second day of February 1781 I have caused to be surveyed and laid out unto Andrew Cowie a Plantation or Tract of Land containing two hundred acres situated on the east side of the river Escambia about seven miles from the mouth thereof opposite to an island granted to messers Taste and Mitebell bounded to the southwest by said river and a lagoon; to the northwest part by a lagoon and part by vacant land and on the other two sides by vacant land and hath such form and marks both natural and artificial as are fully representative in the plan annexed.
Certified this tenth day of February anno que domini 1781 by Elias Dumford, surveyor general"

Now, the million-dollar question is…. What is this doing in the Spanish Archive of Simancas? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the date is right for coins washing up on Stump Pass beach after storms... a state park is there now. I wonder what lagoon they were talking about?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the answer for location.

"Tract of Land containing two hundred acres situated on the east side of the river Escambia about seven miles from the mouth thereof opposite to an island granted"

Image: floridacountiesmap.com

The Escambia River is a 92-mile river of which 54 miles are found in
Florida
. The river has its headwaters in southern Alabama and is called the Conecuh in that state, changing names as it comes into Florida as it drains into Pensacola Bay.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Historical Society records.

The records show that Land Grants were issued to the following Spaniards conveying land on Pine Level or adjacent to the level as follows:

1. James Brewster, containing 639.96 acres. This grant is located east and a little south of the Mt. Carmel Methodist Church.

2. Daniel Maloy containing 638.96 acres. This grant is situated east of Jay.

3. Miquel Quiggles, containing 714.94 acres situated on the Escambia River bordering the state line.

4. Needham Parker, 639.22 acres situated on the Escambia River south of the Miquel Quiggles grant.

5. Elijah Holmes, containing 638.56 acres located northwest from Jay.

6. John Edgly and Edward Townes, containing 1260.37 acres. This grant contains much swamp land and extends up on a creek first known as Edgly Creek, later as Barrow Creek and later as Bray Creek.

7. Mary Weaver, containing 560.48 acres, located along the Old Stream Mill Bluff Log and Timber Landing and out on the creek first known as Governor’s Creek, later as Gaylor Creek and now known as Campbell Creek.

8. Joseph Nelson, containing 638.12 acres taking in the Old Dead River Log and Timber Landing and a portion of the Jay-Flomaton highway.

We also have the traditional History handed down by some of the above named Spaniards who took up the above named grants and a few other Spaniards who remained here after Florida was purchased by the United States. Among who may be mentioned the following:

http://www.jayhistoricalsociety.org..._pioneers_of_pine_level_by_john_t_diamond.pdf

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldest shipwrecks in Pensacola Bay.

The oldest shipwreck ever found in the waters of Pensacola Bay was found by the Florida Bureau of Archaeological Research (BAR) in 1992 (Smith 2009; Smith et al. 1995, 1998). It was a large Spanish galleon. Artifacts excavated from the shipwreck indicated that it was one of ten ships of the 16th-Century Luna fleet anchored in the bay when a hurricane struck in September of 1559. The original fleet was comprised of 11 ships that arrived from Mexico. Before the hurricane, one ship was sent back to Mexico with news of the successful landing in the bay. Of the remaining ten ships, seven were sunk or grounded.
A second shipwreck was found by underwater archeologists from the University of West Florida (UWF) in 2006. That shipwreck was also determined to be from the Luna fleet (Cook 2009).

ArcheologyInk | Pensacola's Archeology Journal | The Oldest Shipwrecks in Pensacola Bay, Florida | ArcheologyInk

Last edited:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very good research Red Desert. I remember reading about students from UWF finding this wreck during a survey. One student found unusual rocks on the bottom. This turned out to be the tip of a ballast pile covered in sand.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep in mind since saber8 is not a charter member per TN rules only charter members can reply with offers to sale, rent or lease, all others will be deleted.

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good research Red Desert. I remember reading about students from UWF finding this wreck during a survey. One student found unusual rocks on the bottom. This turned out to be the tip of a ballast pile covered in sand.
Thanks Salvor6, but what really got me going was the date of that document Alexandre posted.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to check again on the date of coins were found at Stump Pass beach and surrounding area. Seems these were earlier date than I'd thought, around 1754- 1762. The land grant was dated 1781 which is some 20+ years later. A number of land grants were given, according to the historical society. Spanish settlers could have been getting land over a period of time, as ship travel is slow and they answer to Spain.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to do some image on it also, to see it good. I came across some info, in reading from old research material, there was a later Spanish Plate Fleet got caught in a hurricane and lost 5 ships in the area of the land grant document you posted. I'm not including the date yet of the fleet, because I googled it and found nothing. First want to go back and check the date. It happened in October of that year, 5 ships wrecked in or near Pensacola Bay but is supposed to be in another bay which name doesn't google either.

Last edited:

Alexandre

Bronze Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lisbon
The best stuff is not Googleable... yet. 19817076.jpg

I'll have to do some image on it also, to see it good. I came across some info, in reading from old research material, there was a later Spanish Plate Fleet got caught in a hurricane and lost 5 ships in the area of the land grant document you posted. I'm not including the date yet of the fleet, because I googled it and found nothing. First want to go back and check the date. It happened in October of that year, 5 ships wrecked in or near Pensacola Bay but is supposed to be in another bay which name doesn't google either.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was the 1767 Spanish Plate Fleet, carrying gold and silver treasure, coins, bullion, also other tresure listed. Five ships sunk in Saint Bernard's Bay at Pensacola on October 22, 1767.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I searched and searched some more, even using all the above info at once. I tried putting in differents portions of the above... finally got only one referrence, this document here. It lists the year as 1966 October 22-23 1766, might be why searching was so difficult.

1759, September. A heavy gale in theGulf of Mexico. 1762, December 9. A storm from thesouthward in Carthagena accompanied by an earthquake; two Spanishmen-of-war driven ashore, and the castle of Santa Maria wasentirely destroyed. 1766, August 13 and 14. A tremendoushurricane ravaged Martinique so that its effects were felt fortwenty years after. It commenced on the 13th of August at teno'clock at night, with a strong wind from the north-west, whichwas followed by an earthquake. About one hundred persons losttheir lives, and upwards of thirty-five ships foundered or werestranded. Warden. 1766, September 13 and 15. A severehurricane in St. Christopher's and Montserrat; half the towndestroyed in the latter island, and many vessels lost. AnnualRegister. 1766, September 21. A violent hurricanein St. Eustatius and Tortuga. Annual Register. 1766, October 6. A severe gale inDominica and Guadaloupe; five vessels driven ashore. AnnualRegister.

1766, October 22 and 23. A violent hurricane in the harbour of Pensacola. Five Spanish vessels driven ashore in the Bay of St. Barnard.

1768, October 25. A tremendoushurricane at Havanna. Above 4100 houses were destroyed, and morethan 1000 persons perished. Annual Register. 1772, August 4 and 5. The southern partof St. Domingo was devastated by a hurricane which lasted fivehours; many vessels were lost. Warden. 1772, August 28. A hurricaneaccompanied by an earthquake did great injury in Porto Rico.

Here is the link
hurricane

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions