Looking for a golden umax

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen too many problems with used machines, and had a problem myself with one purchase. I now buy new, and make sure you know the dealer. You can still get a broke machine from a guy who works out of his garage. You will get many excuses as they part you with your money. I was banned from a forum because I mentioned one such dealer. I sure hope that dealer is not a member of Treasurenet. I will say one thing, the manufactures of the two items that needed repair were good about it. I think peace of mind is a good thing when you buy a new machine. With that said, I have had stuff broke right out of the box. I buy the best I can afford and it has paid for itself. Buy new and know your dealer. I can refer to a few folks as can others. Good luck and let us know what you get.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw one on Craigslist in Chattanooga TN a couple of weeks ago. May still be there.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I have a golden umax I bought used. It was one year old and looked new. It's a keeper. You will pay more for a newer or like new machine but you can get more bang for your buck. Theres probly more machines sitting in closets then are in use.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a friend that swore his Golden could find paper money and tiny thin chains and saw it with my own eyes when I was sober. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread