Looking for a Good 12 volt High banker

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of classifying. I want a high banker to do the work and I want to just shovel in the dirt. I live in an area where you can't always use gas pumps. So I'm forced to use a 12 volt job. After reading many peoples posts, I've discovered that no one thinks very much of the mini 12 volt high bankers. Everyone says you have to classify the material down to 1/4 inch, etc, etc. Does any one have a recommendation for a good 12 volt high banker that can handle hand size rocks without clogging up?

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could build one of these, and run it off a generator

and an updated video.

OP
OP
Panman

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's impressive. The thing people can build. Unfortunately, I'm not mechanically inclined and must limit myself to what I can buy.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a Gold Cube with the highbanker classifier for around 800.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also recommend a Gold Cube with the highbanker attachment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panman

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe Gold Cube looks nice, but $300 for their Topper? It's a metal grate and they charge $300 for it? Crazy.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe Gold Cube looks nice, but $300 for their Topper? It's a metal grate and they charge $300 for it? Crazy.

Feel free to build one yourself from scratch. How much is your time worth? How much will the raw materials cost you? If your first attempt gets messed up or your calcs are off, how much to start over and build it again?

One thing I have learned in my life of trying to build everything myself "cheaper" is that it ends up costing 3 times more than I planned, takes 4 times longer to finish, and the final product still isn't as good as a professionally made one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panman

Panman

Sep 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true! I tired to build a spray bar for my sluice. I still have tons of stuff from all the trial and error. Fortunately, PVC pipe is cheap.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at that water coming out of the spray bar and the guy standing there. Bucket classifier would be better than that.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had good luck with the Gold Grabber Mini. It will work fine with a 1000gph pump but I use a Rule 1500gph which gives me all the pressure I need with a longer hose. Deep cycle marine battery and solar panels from Harbor Freight completes my system, I consider it portable(2 trips on a pack frame). It can be set up to recirculate , I like that Gold Cube also.

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm tired of classifying. I want a high banker to do the work and I want to just shovel in the dirt. I live in an area where you can't always use gas pumps. So I'm forced to use a 12 volt pump

[\/]ike

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Mike Pung and Red Wilcox came up with a nice peice of equipment! whats $300. when gold is at $1300. a oz. this attachment goes real nice with the cube and the drop riffels that are built into this attachment work good! i havent seen anything strip fine gold out of river material so fast and complete!

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the money, the Gold Cube is the way to go, espeacially for the fines minus 8 mesh and flour gold.

If your gold is bigger, you can also look at the Gold Hog Stackable Unit. It can run on a battery system or gas pump and does a great job. It classifies to 3/8".

Or email Doc at Gold Hog and talk to him about that viper and how to run it with a battery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread