Looking for a good pin pointer to buy while the carrot gets operated on.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My back up black pin pointer is acting crazy and the carrot has holes in it so while shipping those off in needed one to fill in. I decided on a cheap one ( 2 day Prime) figuring it would at least last two weeks or more and boy was I wrong. Didn't last one day piece of junk. Any advice on a good pp. I'm not to much of a Garrett fan with there's so I'm open to ideas. IMG_0780.JPG this thing is a JOKE. One hour trip for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and put a little whipped cream on your ice cream and go for a new TRX, You will not be sorry.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your gonna like the TRX Truth. The Garret will be your backup [emoji106]

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you check Kelleyco? TRX is $10 less, but not lime green.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you check Kelleyco? TRX is $10 less, but not lime green.

Yeah I buy all my stuff from Kellyco but I needed it right away and Amazon prime will have it at my door in two days. The lime green is $10 more anyway. I'm going to order the Max from Kellyco I think I'm leaning that way.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the green one online for $149.95 delivered including a free White's ball cap. Only took three days total.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For paying $10 more? That wouldn't be my definition of being "ripped off". It might say something about your shopping abilities however! :laughing7: If you don't receive it and they won't make it good? Yes, that would be a "rip off".

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For paying $10 more? That wouldn't be my definition of being "ripped off". It might say something about your shopping abilities however! :laughing7: If you don't receive it and they won't make it good? Yes, that would be a "rip off".

Cuda you da man

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go ahead and put a little whipped cream on your ice cream and go for a new TRX, You will not be sorry.

I currently have a Garrett Pro-Pointer (currently acting goofy) and a newer Garrett Carrot...so I'm just curious...I like the sensitivity of the Carrot but not all the bells n whistles...How is it compared to the TRX? I'm looking for a back-up to my back-up..lol, and have heard great things about the White's...thx, Ddf

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have a Garrett Pro-Pointer (currently acting goofy) and a newer Garrett Carrot...so I'm just curious...I like the sensitivity of the Carrot but not all the bells n whistles...How is it compared to the TRX? I'm looking for a back-up to my back-up..lol, and have heard great things about the White's...thx, Ddf

DDF, The TRX does have a few Bells&Whistles as the carrot, but the sensitivity is far better. A touch of the button will balance it to your situation.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll can always rough it like I do and not use one, it takes a little longer and sucks sometimes. Not that I wouldn't like one, just don't have the moola.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread