Looking for a header box.

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was told this is a good place to find parts for equiptment,, so Here goes...I am looking for a header box or crash box for my keene sluice. With is 10 inches.I dont need the frills, I just need the box part. I dont mind doing the rest. Trying to keep the costs down and besides, I have all the prts to finish the shell. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where are you?I have the complete crashbox style and sluice for a 5"

OP
OP
J

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep, sorry I didnt get back to you sooner. It would be way to big. I am looking for somewhere around a 2 1/2 or 3 inch combo header box. I have everything else and I am located in Tacoma, Wa. . Even a power head to make my sluice a power sluice would work. The material I am working is mainly small in size. Most of the time I dont need the use of a grizzley.... My HPA's for our claims only allow me a highbanker/ power sluice for motorized equiptment. Not permitted a dredge. I have three claims connecting each other and there are few areas where I could get compliance for a dredge according to Wa. rules. Besides, I prefer to highbank anyway. I would like to get a set up running before spring, so if you have something I could use give out a shout and I will do my best to keep up with this post. Thanks ,,,,,,Jack

MrWareWolf

Aug 22, 2014
N. Utah, USA
Detector(s) used
Generic 30" keene/jobe/royal-style sluice with flare, riffles, expanded metal, moss matt under riffles..
California Bucket Sluice concentrator
want: falcon pinpoint detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was told this is a good place to find parts for equiptment,, so Here goes...I am looking for a header box or crash box for my keene sluice. With is 10 inches.I dont need the frills, I just need the box part. I dont mind doing the rest. Trying to keep the costs down and besides, I have all the prts to finish the shell. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

Yeah, this is a gap in the market for sure.. To this day, it is hard to find ANY header/crash box without going to a full high-banker type of deal.. The high-banker headers are more expensive than the sluice and all the classifiers I have..sheesh..

Honestly, I'd even go for a plastic one, realizing it will wear fast..

Jobe makes one to fit on the end of their folding sluice, ebay offers a few "powered" ones..I already have a 120v pump thanks..
You can get one with 1-inch & higher fitting, I have 3/4" garden hose fitting needed.. Grrr nothing is quite right.

Seems like I will have to hack an old lexan refrigerator drawer into a water-box/crashbox for my sluice. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the thing from moving around..

I guess I will punch a large quantity of holes in the bottom of the thing, I'd prefer a plate, but can imagine that will just let tons of rocks through, and that's not what I want. Can't think of a good way to keep an iron hot (and clean enough) to do it that way, so I guess I'll use a drill with a small and very sharp (read: new) bit.

20150516_020215.jpg
20150516_020139.jpg

Somebody needs to make a simple water-box that fits in the flare of a 10" sluice, hold it on there with big-ass magnets, on the underside of the sluice! Also make another one that fits onto the end of the 10" box itself, for those without a flare.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ez to obtain from any manufacturer/swap meet/craigslist. Get a flared or the semi flared not quite crashbox as it's both a crash and a flair dependent on angle and engine speed-2 fer 1 always rocks my boat-John

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can make a cheap one out of a piece of rain gutter, two end caps and a bulkhead fitting. Cut the front (discharge) side away a 1/4" strip at a time until you reach the desired flow, mine ended up at 3/4". Attach a knock down curtain to smooth out the flow, a piece of innertube works well. As far holding it into place the crimped pinched back end of the gutter slides over the sluice end and hold's it quite well no additional fittings needed. I also put a hole on top with a gasketed ko seal incase i need to relocate the bulkhead fitting.

You mentioned you have 3/4" hose, I think your going to find that it won't provide enough volume to move the material. On my 10" it takes two 1 1/8 1100 gph pumps minimum and optimum is one 3700 gph rule.

Attachments

• photo 1-5.JPG
    photo 1-5.JPG
    730.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest: