looking for a partner in the central part

outlaw319

Aug 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Ace 250
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together some weekend for a hunt? I have a place to hunt on my families land outside of Taylorville Il. It's all timber land that has an old abandoned road and iron bridge located on it, and from researching old maps I still cant find any date on the road or old homesite that is there. I hunted the homesite before turning up some relics, 2 IH pennys,a merc, 2 silver spoons, and a bunch of organ reeds. After finding the spoons and reeds lead me to believe this is more than just some old farm house or shack in the woods! I had a couple of people tell me that it used to be a party spot back in the 60' and 70's, which explains alot of the old beer cans and bottles that I've found. I was just recently informed by an "old timer" that back during the depression that a bunch of people from a nearby town use to walk down there and have picnics and fish by the old bridge. So I was just seeing if anyone is interested in going sometime since there's alot of ground to be covered, and since the hunting seasons are over I'll be spending more time out there seeing what I can dig up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread