Looking for a recording scheme for finds

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to create a system/scheme for the recording of my metal detector finds (digitally), and would not like to spend all the time in doing so if systems do exist. Some sort of labeling system for creating unique file names for the finds, and of course not just a unique number, but with a prefix or prefixes which puts the finds in categories and sub categories.

Just don’t know where to look for such a system. Do any of you have a system that you have created or found and want to share?

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Just don’t know where to look for such a system.Do any of you have a system that you have created or found and want to share?

A notebook,or index cards,and a pen.:evil5:Storing info in an electronic item is to easily lost if the item is stolen or broken,there goes all your info.

OP
OP
woody50

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A notebook,or index cards,and a pen.:evil5:Storing info in an electronic item is to easily lost if the item is stolen or broken,there goes all your info.
Thanks Red James Cash for your good info. But I need an electronic or digital syntax for my finds, I am not worried about losing them, I have many backups local and internet and more.
I just need to get all sorted and named and into sacks or other ways to box the finds.

And I am afraid I have so many finds I could never find them again with a physical data base such as index cards and the such. I have been searching since 84 and acquired an enormous collection in all those years.
Thanks though for your thoughts.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Thanks Red James Cash for your good info. But I need an electronic or digital syntax for my finds, I am not worried about losing them, I have many backups local and internet and more.
I just need to get all sorted and named and into sacks or other ways to box the finds.

And I am afraid I have so many finds I could never find them again with a physical data base such as index cards and the such. I have been searching since 84 and acquired an enormous collection in all those years.
Thanks though for your thoughts.

Well at least you don't have to worry about the NSA reading your list and passing it on to the Tax people. lol Frank five star.png

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I like pen and paper.
They left all my paper books, and files when the house was robbed last year. Lol!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hire a secretary with all my clad[emoji49]

OP
OP
woody50

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I back up my md data to a NAS stored elsewhere, on the net (protected cloud) and also to a third place, a removable hard disk. Some updates every day others every week. So my data is taken care of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread