Looking for a SEASONED CTX user near me (eastern panhandle WV)

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First: Yes, I know there is a "regional" subforum, but apparently nobody goes there, so I'm posting this here.

I've been detecting off and on since 2005, so I'm not new to the hobby at all, but I've only had my CTX for about 9 months now (came from the Etrac so I know the general idea of the FBS systems). I really haven't had that "a-ha" moment with my CTX yet, which I had several of with the Etrac. In the 9 months that I've had this detector I really feel like I haven't been using it nearly to its full potential. I find myself only digging the clearest signals because when I do get motivated enough to dig the iffy signals I only ever get rusty nails.

I am looking for somebody with some serious time on the CTX to help me out learning how to really cut loose in iron. I know I'm not using the target trace as well as I could be. I'd be willing to drive a ways to meet up, but I want to hunt an iron-heavy site and see what you look for in person. I can watch every youtube video out there on the subject but every time somebody digs an "iffy" signal it sure as heck sounds obvious to me that it's something that should be dug and not what I would consider iffy at all. I know how it's supposed to work, but I want to see how somebody with lots of field time puts that knowledge to use.

Any takers?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread