Looking For A Used 2 Box Detector

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
If anyone can get me a lead on a good functioning used 2 box deep-searching detector and I can strike a deal on it, I will give that person a very nice finder's fee.

I am able to pay cash, or trade, I am willing to trade my 5" gold dredge and other gear as well.

Anyone with any offers or leads please let me know.

Thanks!

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Capn Crunch,
I don't know what use you want one for, but make sure you try one out before
you buy. Depth is nowhere near as advertised. Also many many 2 boxes are sold
very soon after they are bought. In my opinion there are many dissatisfied owners
out there, must be a reason. Yes I have tried them out and won't buy one.
Rich

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my garret grand master hunter CX plus with the dept multiplier... with in the fist 45 minutes of use one time... I located a 190 lbs pound chunk of glacial float copper made over 500.00 dollars...it was 28 inches deep an on angle going deeper.... mxt didn't see it till I Doug down to about 4inches then it said big item 94....had to come back next day to retrieve with a four wheeler.....had a heck of time sleeping that night.. the only thing a bout the garret box loop detector... it's all metal and you can't carry a shovel.. on less you hold the spaded end high in the air..so I carried a some what long handle with an large nail on one side and a magnet on the other side and a pine pointer..found a few hundred pound chunk of conglomerate about 3 foot down with it that paid the water bill...plus the box loop fond a very nice 126 pound glacial float copper that was folded all most in half made a little over 400.00 dollars on that one Ooh the fun times with that detector... but then i bought a Whites 5900 with a 15 inch loop... and the garret just sit there... I found a lot of deep stuff with the box loop....I have a conglomerate right now a bout 3 to four feet down that I fond with the box loop and i try diffrent detector on it to see if they can see it and so far the only one that nose it there other than the box loop is the 5900 even with the stock 950 loop the 5900 noes it there...out of all my detectors...and I have a few the mxt I had to dig at least a foot to a foot and a half before it chimed...

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you liftloop. I wouldn't trade my Master hunter CS Plus Treasure Hound. It does find deep targets. But just like any detector, you have to use it enough to get to know your machine. Most people think they can buy a two box and go out and find a hidden treasure chest like you find coins in a playground with an Ace! Then when they don't, they blame the machine and sell it.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I have seen ads for two box detectors with finding ore bodies etc
down to 35 feet and treasure boxes at 15 feet plus. Those are pretty
unrealistic and I believe in "Try before you buy"! Yes they do go
deeper than Loop detectors but nowhere near as advertised.
I do give credit to Garrett as I haven't seen any depth claims made
on their Treasure Hound. I think their best feature is ignoring
small targets when looking for large targets. Again,
"Try before you buy"
Liftloop, congratulations on your successes.
Rich

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the deepest my garret cx plus box loop will go is a bout 11to14 feet that i found and it was on a 4 foot Calvert pipe 40 feet long.... its been a y'all since i been their and it was on the snowmobile trail in the winter.... It wouldn't detect it till i went over the edge, their was a branch i busted it were the detector cood reed it high enough to dig that target..in the Summer that branch is up to my waist and it has to be at lest a nother 10 foot or so from their.. the 5900 can't find the Calvert..and If there is a one inch cable stretch out you will not get with in 4 feet of that thing antill you shrink the signal.

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
It is great to hear about your success Liftloop! I have a line on the Garretts Cx plus, as well as a Discovery TF-900 and a Fisher Gemini III I have no clue as to the difference between any of them!

Any advice as to what would be the best choice for finding gold/silver ore and the occasional large chache? Please Help! :-[

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Thanks guys, I just agreed to buy a Garret Master Hunter Cx Plus with a Treasure Hound Depth Multiplier from Saltwater Max. Thanks to two of the posts on here giving a positive mention about them, it put the Garret over the top in the decision process.

I was leaning towards the Fisher Gemini III, but that thing looks way too awkward to handle, plus, the Garrett gives me a nice two machines-in-one option, so that way I am not left out on any of the good stuff..... large and small, shallow and deep .

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good decision, Cap'n. And Saltwater Max has a very good reputation.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Far out man.... I remember my first wheety with my grandmaster hunter cx that thing hit that penny at about 5' and loved it... just the most wonderfull sound it made.just a soil beep.....pluss the dept mutiply er you did well my friend...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread