looking for advice on long island beaches

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all, I live in Dutchess county Ny. Been md now for a few years. I really wanted to use tax money to go to sebastian inlet, but have fallen short after flight and car rental, no affordable place to stay. So, can anyone recommend a Long island beach area I can go to this weekend where i wont be in a high crime area? If you can please include county and town name so i can find driving directions. Thanks....Epiphany

ikes4ever

Nov 27, 2007
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 1000 and DFX
jones beach is a good metal detecting beach. not much there is time of year thou. could always go out to the hamptons

stewball1

Mar 25, 2005
Huntington, LI, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX & Minelab SE Pro
Jones Beach is a State Park and you are required to have a permit. However, I've never been asked for mine by a park ranger. This year the permit is a card so maybe they'll be checking.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Stew, hey since you live in huntington, have you been to th resturant called F H Rielly's, its at 100 Ny ave in the heart of huntington village?

stewball1

Mar 25, 2005
Huntington, LI, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX & Minelab SE Pro
Epiphany,

Haven't been there yet. How is it?

I've been trying to work my way through all the places to eat in the town, but that's a chore. LOL!!!

By the way, the town of Huntington has many beaches and no permit is required. I've found some neat jewelery there and there's always $$$$. If you go to Citidex, there's a map with all Town beaches and parks. I don't think I cleaned them out yet.

Stew

Feb 7, 2008
beacon, ny
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hi Epiphany, I grew up on Long Island now living here in dutchess county. I have done very well at Jones Beach for clad coin. but at Robert Moses I do better for Reals having gotten 2 of them there last year. I find if you wait for a good north east-er storm and hunt the following day, and hunt at low tide Robert Moses can bring up the older coins. I have found more jewelry at Jones Beach. Here is a little tip if you do hunt Jones beach do not forget to hunt the sand volleyball courts some of my best finds have been there when it comes to jewelry.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Feb 5, 2008
Dutchess County New York
Detector(s) used
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, U lost. Sounds like good advice....Is it May yet? Im so tired of snow and ice I could scream,lol...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread