looking for all in one machine

dirkbuddy

Jun 14, 2008
i'm looking to purchase another machine once i get back down to the rio grande valley, can anyone give advice regarding a machine that detects well on the beach and in shallow salt water and also works well on land?
i've been looking at the minelab explorer....but since i'm just getting into this hobby i think i would be overwhelmed with the settings on this unit.
what are you people using?

Upvote 0

954hunter

Dec 10, 2007
Ft. Laud. Fl
Detector(s) used
Excal. II
Excal. would probably accomplish what your trying to do, but you would have to hip mount it or you would likely throw out your back.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either the Excel for the waterproof detector or a wading unit like the Sov. GT. It is very hard to get it all in one detector as water machines need to be built like tanks.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I use the Excalibur everywhere I hunt....water, homesites, parks....it does it all...i have a Fisher ID Excel that weighs about half of the excalibur but I have gotten so used to the tone ID it is perfect for me......the weight is really no problem...it's what you get used to

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the HH Wader and just love this machine. Most people don't know it but Gary who owns DetectorPro was the inventor of the Minelab machines (excals included). He then sold that company and started this one. That alone should give you some idea how good these machines are.

I take my Wader to the beach (ocean) and work the dry and wet sand and even go into the surf. When detecting fresh water I can discriminate out the junk metal that I don't want. It's also great when your detecting a park or playground and it looks like rain. Let it rain, less people to bother you that way.

No need to leave because the entire unit is water proof to 6 feet. Six feet doesn't sound too deep, but if you were in a pool that was 12 feet deep and you were 6 feet tall, you'd need to stand on the bottom of the pool to max out the depth of these phones. I just like the security of not having to worry about anything getting wet as it's all protected.

If a rouge wave knocks off the headphones and they hit the water, or I get splashed by some playful people, no problem, pick 'em up, put 'em on, and continue hunting. There's no worrying about my electronics getting messed up.

This is a great all around detector for the money. It's light weight and easy to use. You can detect for hours without any arm fatigue.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any other detector from this company. The service is outstanding with quick turn around time. You can call them and speak to any knowledgeable person including Gary and get answers to any of your questions.

To me the best part is that this is an American made product by an American owned company. :hello2:

OP
OP
D

dirkbuddy

Jun 14, 2008
Mat in MA said:
I own the HH Wader and just love this machine. Most people don't know it but Gary who owns DetectorPro was the inventor of the Minelab machines (excals included). He then sold that company and started this one. That alone should give you some idea how good these machines are.

I take my Wader to the beach (ocean) and work the dry and wet sand and even go into the surf. When detecting fresh water I can discriminate out the junk metal that I don't want. It's also great when your detecting a park or playground and it looks like rain. Let it rain, less people to bother you that way.

No need to leave because the entire unit is water proof to 6 feet. Six feet doesn't sound too deep, but if you were in a pool that was 12 feet deep and you were 6 feet tall, you'd need to stand on the bottom of the pool to max out the depth of these phones. I just like the security of not having to worry about anything getting wet as it's all protected.

If a rouge wave knocks off the headphones and they hit the water, or I get splashed by some playful people, no problem, pick 'em up, put 'em on, and continue hunting. There's no worrying about my electronics getting messed up.

This is a great all around detector for the money. It's light weight and easy to use. You can detect for hours without any arm fatigue.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any other detector from this company. The service is outstanding with quick turn around time. You can call them and speak to any knowledgeable person including Gary and get answers to any of your questions.

To me the best part is that this is an American made product by an American owned company. :hello2:

thanks for the info! very informative website you have there on detecting! the HH wader sounds interesting.....where could i get more info on this machine?

thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread