Looking for answers as to what this is. Fossilized Dino Egg???

AtrumVorago

Dec 19, 2012
This was found near Oak Grove, Kentucky. It is about 7" tall and about 5" round at its largest point. It was found 15 to 20 feet down while digging a foundation. The land where it was found used to be a river a long time ago. Anyone who may have any information on what this is. Any other questions that you may have I will try to answer. Posting this for a friend, but I am also curious about what it may be. Thank you in advance.

CAM00351.jpg CAM00354.jpg CAM00356.jpg

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like water worn sandstone to me.

Ninjafossils

Dec 18, 2012
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Compadre
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Its highly unlikely that someone finds a fossil egg. When people post "Dinosawr fossil egg, need id pllzzz" you can say with 99% certainty that it is a rock. You are abnormal my friend. You are the one time I have seen a dinosaur egg post that actually may be something real. I still don't think it is a fossil egg, due to the age of the rocks in Ky. But I wouldn't toss it out right now.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its highly unlikely that someone finds a fossil egg. When people post "Dinosawr fossil egg, need id pllzzz" you can say with 99% certainty that it is a rock. You are abnormal my friend. You are the one time I have seen a dinosaur egg post that actually may be something real. I still don't think it is a fossil egg, due to the age of the rocks in Ky. But I wouldn't toss it out right now.

Could it be a newer dinosaur egg ahaha :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread