Looking for buddying up to go hunting, anyone interested?

Zym

Jan 19, 2007
Gig Harbor WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend ( 6", 11", and 13x13.5" coils)
Ancient Garret Groundhog AM-2
I'm in Gig Harbor, I'm up for it but my schedule is pretty full right now (chemistry major with a wife and 3 sons). It should loosen up a bit in the next few weeks.

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
Anyone interested in hunting on my property is welcome, you can keep what you find. I'm doing a garage sale this weekend so that is the only place I will be hunting.16605 Spanaway Loop Rd S. Spanaway, WA 98387 -253-538-0023 Mark

Taps

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2007
Milton Washington
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & M6
Hi,

I'm in Milton and just getting back into detecting. I would be interested in joining you with a little notice. I drive trucks and have to schedule home time to do it.

Thanks!
"Taps"

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
Just got back in town from OK. Will have to check the old work schedule to see what is available.

laughingcrow

Jan 21, 2007
Seattle
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I'm back online. I was out for a while. Just moved into a new home with a pretty big back yard.The interesting part of this is that my s/o grew up at this house. His parents just moved out and now we are here. I have found a pretty ancient hotwheel and loads of other toys, but haven't had a chance to really look but will this weekend!

I still want to come out to spanaway at some point and will im you my new phone # later I still hav your #

have a great day I am off to work! :-\

OP
OP
MRBeyer

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
WHew, catching a breather from all the stuff I had to do when I got back from OK. Before I get onto my main subject here is a brief and true story of what happened when I was down there.

WHile checking a play area at a local church I detected and dug up numerous dry wall screws mixed in the play bark and sand pits. All the screws were in areas kids really get grubby at, you know, sand pits and the bottoms of slides. None were in the relatively unused areas. Looked to me like someone spiked the play area with the sole intention of hurting the smaller kids. I brought it to the attention of the maintenance man there and suggested he sweep the area with a magnet frequently. I also passed this on to other churches I MADE a point of checking. Never noticed anything quite this dramatic. Sometimes the point isn't about the treasures we find, its about the junk we find and the services we offer.

Anyhow, I am going to a gold producing stream near Randle the morning of the 5th. I'll be there all day. I am taking a sluice, 2 gold pans, a couple shovels, my magnetic sweeper (trying something out), and my metal detector. The iron content and hot rocks in the area is high so the metal detecting will be in a sandy swimming area nearby. Anyone interested in going along and sharing gas costs??

laughingcrow

Jan 21, 2007
Seattle
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
sounds fun, unfortunately I have to go to work!!

That sounds pretty lame someon would do that in a schoolyard. Good thing you picked those up.

I have misplaced my bullseye amongst this moving in but managed to pull a 1961 penny from the backyard last night in the dark at about 5 inches deep. I checked the hole this morning and was pretty impressed that it looked pretty in place! At the very least I think I need a headlamp to go along with my late night urges to go out!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread