Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for reply.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco is an authorized Minelab repair center too...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

OP
OP
Montauk3

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Thanks guys, I would be totaly afraid to by a new one at new prices. Altho, My 1st one paid for itself in the first 6 months that I had it.

Ralph, Montauk3

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do good work in the repair center there. I personally know both Barry and Dave. Barry does great work and Dave set up the center and is my hunting partner, he is an electronic wizard.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Have them change the Headphones to the Gray Ghost Amphibians, a much needed improvement. I am betting it could be the headphones or the battery cable or possible connector. Keep us informed, I always like hearing what the problem is..or was...Good Luck!

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just don't upgrade to there pinpoint trigger. they installed my trigger failed first time out repaired it second time out failed again. until they upgrade there switch stay away

Steve

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just don't upgrade to there pinpoint trigger. they installed my trigger failed first time out repaired it second time out failed again. until they upgrade there switch stay away

Steve

Have you contacted them again about the failure? I have 2 excals with remote switches, both working fine.... I know many others who also have them with no issues.

sexton

Apr 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you contacted them again about the failure? I have 2 excals with remote switches, both working fine.... I know many others who also have them with no issues.

I talked with Barry about the problem he said it didn't sound like I wanted to trust him with doing another repair. I have had no issues with any other repairs they have done. They need to use a better toggle switch. I purchased a toggle switch installed it my self.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked with Barry about the problem he said it didn't sound like I wanted to trust him with doing another repair. I have had no issues with any other repairs they have done. They need to use a better toggle switch. I purchased a toggle switch installed it my self.

Sounds like you gave him the indication you didn't trust him ...Not saying you didn't have issue, all I can say is I have had no issues with either of mine and I know several others using them with no issues.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
They do need to get a better IP rated switch, I seen several last year but this is when they first started doing them. One note, I seen a few of mine come back also, anytime saltwater is involved there are going to be issues, but we learn from the ones that return and improve or change. I need to stop in in see all the Pirates down there and we can exchange information and Idea's....I am shooting for a trip in March...

OBN0059.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do need to get a better IP rated switch, I seen several last year but this is when they first started doing them. One note, I seen a few of mine come back also, anytime saltwater is involved there are going to be issues, but we learn from the ones that return and improve or change. I need to stop in in see all the Pirates down there and we can exchange information and Idea's....I am shooting for a trip in March...

View attachment 1105972

Let me know when, I will contact Dave and set up a meet and also a tour of Kellyco if your interested...

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks TH, That would be Great and I will keep you informed. I will be stationed in Boca Rotan for 3 days, then back on the road... I need a warm water fix..

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Thanks TH, That would be Great and I will keep you informed. I will be stationed in Boca Rotan for 3 days, then back on the road... I need a warm water fix..
Let me know when you're in Boca and we can hunt the beach if you have time.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Joe, stuff happens out there. Barry fixed my detector and we swapped it back and forth a few times..... BUT im still a supporter just because of their willingness to make things right. CS goes a LONG way with me. Ive surely ran into you since im from your area.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Barry did a great job with my GT and turned it around fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread