Looking for gold in maryland

Jeff-from-md

Apr 17, 2013
cecil county
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the upper right corner of Maryland Right on the pa line. I have been poking around streams here 1 bucket at a time. Can anyone around here give me any ideas of a place that might hold some color. I have 2 sluice boxes a bunch of pans and 2 metal detectors. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 kids and we want to get out and find some Gold. Thanks

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This shows historic mines according to the USGS...a good general guide. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426865473.779229.jpg

Note the one in central Baltimore was not a mine, it was a refinery :)

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They say you can find gold in just about every creek or river in DC. I have a business trip in April to DC. I will give urban prospecting one hell of a shot

EricSch

Dec 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some cursory research, I have found that any kind of creek/stream/river prospecting on State Land (parks and such) is illegal with no possibility of acquiring a permit. I would love to get some response to private land activities and where one can go in Maryland to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions