Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the word from an old SGT. of mine from the USMC that he lost his wife's class ring while doing a bridging operation at "French Creek" at "Engineer Point" on USMC Camp Lejeune NC. He asked if I was going to be going down to visit but unfortunalty I cannot make the trip anytime soon, if anybody can help that would be AWESOME! The area gets deep real quick and you might need to snorkel to find it. The guy is an old buddy of mine and is an Afgan & Iraq Vet that wants to try to get his wife's ring back. If your interested send me a PM and I will give you his contact info.

To get a civilian pass to get onto the base you will need a drivers license, insurance, registration and my buddy will sign for you to get on the base. Thanks again, I hope we can find the ring for him.

"I would happily pay any reasonable fee."

Mod's I understand that this is in the wrong place but please let this stay for a few hours to hopefully get a few views so I can help him out. Thankyou and I love T-Net! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Upvote 0

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If the ring is on base can you even hunt there. I know most military bases are off limits to metal detecting. Maybe you will need to get special permission to just hunt for the ring.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurehound said:
If the ring is on base can you even hunt there. I know most military bases are off limits to metal detecting. Maybe you will need to get special permission to just hunt for the ring.

I will pass the question on to my buddy, it would just be for the ring and he is a pretty high up Sgt. now so I don't see a problem with him getting premission from the higher ups, it will be on a beach max 100' long.

lokkenpa

Aug 8, 2008
Edmond, OK
Detector(s) used
MineLab e-Trac, Garrett Ace250, SunRay X-1, ProPointer
He will have to run his request up through the chain of command and get permission from the OIC (office in charge) of the beach area. That might need to go as high as the general in charge of the LSB (Landing Support Battalion) or whatever unit that uses that area...

Semper Fi!
Phil

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lokkenpa said:
He will have to run his request up through the chain of command and get permission from the OIC (office in charge) of the beach area. That might need to go as high as the general in charge of the LSB (Landing Support Battalion) or whatever unit that uses that area...

Semper Fi!
Phil

Thanks for the info devildog! :icon_pirat:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad timing or I would do it. Thats not to far from me but I am deployed. wilkere is there though,shoot him a PM. :coffee2: Also Gilligan works at Seymour J fire dept. and may be able to help.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
He was wearing his wife's class ring? Sounds like this is going to be close to impossible to find, if it is underwater.

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different bases gave Different regs, I go to Joint Base lewis Mcord twice a month with no problem, then Again Im Retired Navy, have insurance documentation, License etc may be good to go.

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regulations prohibiting metal detecting on military installlations are primarily due to UXO or unexploded ordnance. If the ring is in a training area, getting permission may not be possible. If it is in cantonment, you may be able to get permission. If he is a high ranking NCO, he will know or be able to find out who to get permission from on post. Good Luck.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RFrady said:
Regulations prohibiting metal detecting on military installlations are primarily due to UXO or unexploded ordnance. If the ring is in a training area, getting permission may not be possible. If it is in cantonment, you may be able to get permission. If he is a high ranking NCO, he will know or be able to find out who to get permission from on post. Good Luck.
I think permission will be granted for French creek. As far as I know there is no uxo out there unless its left over from a long time ago. Hopefully the ordinance stayedin the impact area! If I was still at lejeune I'd help a fellow brother out. I hope it gets found!

ocjeff

Oct 14, 2009
ocean city maryland
Detector(s) used
excalibur, cz20, v3
when my son was a MARINE he took me to the beach and we detected there. we had no problems, unless things have changed? the beach had lots of old rusted iron on it. this was four years ago. good luck ,

bill78

Jan 26, 2013
Camp Lejeune, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever find the ring? I work on Lejeune in French Creek, I just ordered a Garrett Pro and will receive it on or about the 31st. I'd love to see if I can find this ring. Gunny.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can post the lost ring here, Lost My Stuff Group - Home Page , they have a good network of people all over the place, I'm also a member but I'm in Germany. I have never had a problem detecting on military posts, even detected outside of a Military Intel office, they just asked me if I had found anything interesting. HH and good luck, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread