Looking for Hunting Partner in Kent Co. Michigan

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a treasure hunting partner in Kent Co. MI that actually has time to hunt during the season and on a somewhat more serious level than you may or may not be used to.

I do all types of metal detecting, relic hunting, bottle digging, sifting, etc. and would like to find someone to hunt with who enjoys similar.

if you've ever seen the show "Diggers" --- that's sort of the type of relationship I'm looking to develop with a hunting partner and am looking for someone that's looking for the same.
HH out there no matter
:headbang:

Last edited:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard the GR club was disbanding? Glad to have ya visit the SWMSS club in Plainwell. We have members up there.

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like your enthusiasm! I too am a member of the SWMSS club. I have a brother that lives in GR and go there frequently to MD with him. I've been reading your posts for a couple years and you always seem to have a good array of finds.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey lonewolfe it's hard to find that person that will put as much into it as you do, wished I lived closer I need a digging partner and like doing anything that I can to find the old stuff, nothing better then a little roundness in the hole!:laughing7: By the way that SWMSS club might be a good place to find a partner ,I have hunted with both Mike and Mark they are both good guys. Good Luck if not maybe we doing some dirt digging some time !

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the kind words Rob. Maybe once the snow is history Lonewolf, Mike Rob and myself could get together for a hunt in a "nectar sector" :laughing7:

OP
OP
lonewolfe

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GR club is alive and well from what I understand Mike --- Mr. Dave (the VP of the club) contacted me trying to get me to join claiming I could find a partner there but I'm not into club meetings and all that... Much rather hunt alone or with 1 or 2 guys and don't want to dedicate my time to meetings and such.

I appreciate everyones comments, suggestions, etc.

I'd be up for a hunt with you'all (Mike, Mark, Rob, etc.) when the snow is gone for good -- just let me know when it works for everyone and I'm there dudes!

I know what you're saying about being hard to find someone dedicated Rob ---- I've met a couple of guys claiming to have tons of free time, passion for the hobby, etc. etc. but when it came down to it - all I got was excuses as to why they couldn't make it this time or had to leave after like an hr or 2, couldn't get out of blah blah blah, the wife this & that, and on and on! I mean - why even bother at that point! I've been thru 2 wives and one long term relationship and I'm still detecting! I'd rather trade a wife away than give up my detectors/hobby! (reminds me of that Brad Paisley fishing song = I'm gonna miss her - hey looky there - I've got a bite)!

All I want is 1 guy that lives, eats, sleeps & breaths detecting/treasure hunting like I do that wants to team up and go every chance available whether night or day, rain or shine, hot or cold, etc. and puts as much into it as I do --- there's a TON of good/old stuff out there to be found if you know where to look but it gets boring hunting alone! Don't get me wrong - I like the "all the more for me" thing but that's not what it's all about -- I'm not greedy -- I know where tons of sites are that will produce the type of finds I make/post here but it would be fun to share & experience the adventure with a long term/dedicated hunting partner too :-)

I'm not retired but the way I work is - when it's hunting season - I go to work in the morning - I'm out by 3 and then hit the road rain/shine for some hunting -- it stays light til 9/10 at nite in the late spring/summer/early fall and the rest of the time it's until dark and until the ground freezes! I hunt almost every single day during the season and/but I don't expect anyone else to dedicate themselves/their time to it with me as much as I do but 2 to 3xs per week would be nice and sometimes for nite hunts too :-) Am I askin too much!? lol

Last edited:

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The GR club is alive and well from what I understand Mike --- Mr. Dave (the VP of the club) contacted me trying to get me to join claiming I could find a partner there but I'm not into club meetings and all that... Much rather hunt alone or with 1 or 2 guys and don't want to dedicate my time to meetings and such.

I appreciate everyones comments, suggestions, etc.

I'd be up for a hunt with you'all (Mike, Mark, Rob, etc.) when the snow is gone for good -- just let me know when it works for everyone and I'm there dudes!

I know what you're saying about being hard to find someone dedicated Rob ---- I've met a couple of guys claiming to have tons of free time, passion for the hobby, etc. etc. but when it came down to it - all I got was excuses as to why they couldn't make it this time or had to leave after like an hr or 2, couldn't get out of blah blah blah, the wife this & that, and on and on! I mean - why even bother at that point! I've been thru 2 wives and one long term relationship and I'm still detecting! I'd rather trade a wife away than give up my detectors/hobby! (reminds me of that Brad Paisley fishing song = I'm gonna miss her - hey looky there - I've got a bite)!

All I want is 1 guy that lives, eats, sleeps & breaths detecting/treasure hunting like I do that wants to team up and go every chance available whether night or day, rain or shine, hot or cold, etc. and puts as much into it as I do --- there's a TON of good/old stuff out there to be found if you know where to look but it gets boring hunting alone! Don't get me wrong - I like the "all the more for me" thing but that's not what it's all about -- I'm not greedy -- I know where tons of sites are that will produce the type of finds I make/post here but it would be fun to share & experience the adventure with a long term/dedicated hunting partner too :-)

I'm not retired but the way I work is - when it's hunting season - I go to work in the morning - I'm out by 3 and then hit the road rain/shine for some hunting -- it stays light til 9/10 at nite in the late spring/summer/early fall and the rest of the time it's until dark and until the ground freezes! I hunt almost every single day during the season and/but I don't expect anyone else to dedicate themselves/their time to it with me as much as I do but 2 to 3xs per week would be nice and sometimes for nite hunts too :-) Am I askin too much!? lol
I understand where your coming from, I sleep and eat treasure hunting in one form or another, I went out yesterday for about 4 hours needed a fixes, hard to find someone that wants or can put the time into it that I do, that's all I do any more. We are going to have to hook up and do some digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread