Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 4500 is a BARGAIN! It really is so much better than the 4000, which found me over a pound of gold nuggets during its life with me in the gold fields, then sold for $2,500.00 !!! If you are a prospector in a state with nuggets - Buy it! :occasion14:

MXT SNIPER

Sep 30, 2004
Terry is right the GPX4500 is a bargain for what you get. Then for grain size nuggets buy the Nugget Finder 8X6 Sadie coil. It will get into tight spaces as well. The larger 14x9 Nugget Finder Evolution coil will also pick up grain size nuggets but not fit as well in tight areas.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks guys :icon_thumright:

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your chasing small gold, the SDC2300 is your detector. The 45 or 5k run comparable on small gold using the 8x6 coil, but the 2300 smokes them both on sensitivity with low conductive, tiny, porous, thin flat, or crystalline type bits.

Last edited:
OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
bug, i think you may have sold me on it. a little research and i like what i hear. the 4500's sure are a steal of a deal though. but i want to find gold consistantly, any gold.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
bit the bullet. sdc2300 it is. not even rain can stop me now. im sure the ducks will appreciate my decision. got another picker with the fors+. the two smaller ones were next to bird shot that the detector found. i am so sick of positive hot rocks, been running in boost mode for the last 5 outings..... 4 times have come back with gold found with the detector. cranked the sensitivity up to 94-96. this one was 2-2.5 inches from the coil and i had consistant signal. found dozens of bird shot. things are looking up!

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
swaysey gold 4 9 17.jpg

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make sure you try to get one of the new age mono coils. I use both the 14" and 18" coiltek mono elites. Or some prefer the nuggetfinder evo coils. They pretty much seem about the same performance. But they are definitely better and deeper then the stock commander coils. . And also having a booster/ battery setup like docs gold screamer makes it easier not wearing a harness and wires going everywhere when u go crashing thru the brush.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
ordered the sdc2300 about a week ago. seller was giving classes out of state, but is back and ships today. if i am successful with this machine, 4500 is next. but that wont be for a while. maybe ill bump into you one of these days out in the manzanita cg. happy hunting

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
sdc2300 is in my hands, now if i just had the time to use it. its nose heavy, but the unit itself is not too heavy. itll be easy to keep the coil on the ground right? lots of work and the pay is good so im complaining, but ill post some pics soon as i have it on the hunt!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Gold with the new machine!:occasion14:

minerjosh

Apr 5, 2017
California
Detector(s) used
GPX4500/Nox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sdc2300 is in my hands, now if i just had the time to use it. its nose heavy, but the unit itself is not too heavy. itll be easy to keep the coil on the ground right? lots of work and the pay is good so im complaining, but ill post some pics soon as i have it on the hunt!
Have you tried the minelab out yet? I'm curious how it compares to your vlf? I'm in the same area, there is one spot that I have in mind where I have tried my lobo in the past and I could not smooth out the threshold no matter what I did. I haven't tried my gold racer there yet. Maybe a pi machine would shine there? It's potentially a good patch I think...lots of old drywash piles.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using TreasureNet.com mobile app

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i got out for literally about an hour with the family on a walk at cloverdale. i was expecting to be able to crank it up to at least 4 and have a rock steady threshold. such was not the case. even at 1 it had a real bad warble. i didnt get to frustrated being such a short time frame, distractions, and the first time running a pi, much less a new machine. i went back out to the same spot the other day(for which i already asked forgiveness) for about 2 1/2 hours and found some nice looking ground, some of which had been recently plundered. i need some more time to learn the machine. a whole day with both machines in one location. one thing i have noticed is at the end of a swing i get a bad warble, but i have less than four hours on the machine and i have been running it mostly in 3-4 with 2 being moderatly steady. all this work is killing me! need to scratch the itch... and i dont mean the poison oak

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i got out for literally about an hour with the family on a walk at cloverdale. i was expecting to be able to crank it up to at least 4 and have a rock steady threshold. such was not the case. even at 1 it had a real bad warble. i didnt get to frustrated being such a short time frame, distractions, and the first time running a pi, much less a new machine. i went back out to the same spot the other day(for which i already asked forgiveness) for about 2 1/2 hours and found some nice looking ground, some of which had been recently plundered. i need some more time to learn the machine. a whole day with both machines in one location. one thing i have noticed is at the end of a swing i get a bad warble, but i have less than four hours on the machine and i have been running it mostly in 3-4 with 2 being moderatly steady. all this work is killing me! need to scratch the itch... and i dont mean the poison oak

You might want to visit the Minelab official forum and ask someone there about that warble issue to see what they recommend.

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
i read into it and seems in a nutshell the machine is fixed to run hot, therefore it will be noisy in any setting. so next trip im going to treat it like my fors. crank it up and learn the sounds. finally got some time off, and the ocean will be flat monday and tuesday, so i must catch fish. rip a lip.

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Guess you ended up with the sdc. its a good detector. only I don't like is being stuck with only one coil. it is very good on tiny gold. maybe someday you can get a gpx. I love mine. just got another coil. I hope to get out again soon.

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
the fixed coil is not a benefit to the machine, but will keep me from spending ridiculous amounts of money on the machine. some day i will have a gpx, already thinking saving a grand would have been nice, but i am no expert detectorist as of yet, and with the simplicity of the unit i thought it was the right choice. plus no cords to hang up, man do appreciate that

OP
OP
beekbuster

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
Primary Interest:
Other
You might want to visit the Minelab official forum and ask someone there about that warble issue to see what they recommend.

All the best,

Lanny

i figured out why the machine was going crazy..... i blamed my wife's cell phone at the time :tongue3: ... come to find out it was the garrett carrot in my pocket. :sadsmiley: its so bad i leave it at home now, dont even trust it being in my backpack. bummer. now i have 200 yds of bedrock i need to re check

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
garrett carrot thats good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions