Looking for location in WI

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
I have been doing ALOT of research on a hunt I will be going on soon. I am trying to find a map of a county in wisconsin, that would show the names of hills. Would this be on a platt map, even if it is way outside of a town? I have looked at alot of maps and have not seen one yet with the info that I need to make my hunt much more easy. The map needs to be at least pre 1850's late 1700 to early 1800 would be ideal. I just have run out of places to look. Do colleges carry these kinds of maps maybe? Well im not expecting much help, but ya never know, its a small world and maybe someone out here has what I need. Thanks, and good luck on your next hunt!

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
Very few hills here have names, locales have names for hills, but on a map( I have some old ones ) only the biggest have names.

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
I don't know if this will be of any help. Try www.topozone.com There you will find topographic maps that will show locations of landmarks, buildings, elevations.... Looking at Lake Geneva, it shows me the locations of the points. Black Point, Cedar Point, Conference Point etc. If there are names for hills, that info might be on the map. I don't know how current the information on these maps is, but that could work in your favor too. I notice there is a military academy on the map that I know had been closed and torn down years ago. Buildings that appear on the map are clearly not there anymore. But, if you are looking for possible old locations to search, and want a map of a specific area, these maps could give you some ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread