All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prospect Park in Brooklyn - NYC permit needed - Silver Lake in North White Plains/Harrison, are two places that are known and blown. You are going to have to do your own research, because no one is going to give up their "Honey Holes" to a newbie. You can join a local club if that is your thing or join the local historical society. Most known battlefields are off limits to metal detecting, and that is where your research comes in. The Library, and your local historical society are your best friends.

OP
OP
G

Godric

Jun 3, 2013
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I just started doing some research I wanted to see if there were any fields outside of ny that were ok to metal detect on and I gotta look up where the magic lines end cause I know they had camps around the area but was just trying to get some ideas before i get my machine so I can put together a decent plan. and terry thank you for your post on my other thread about which machine was good for saltwater I was looking into the minelab explorer se pro I was wondering what you though about that one?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea I just started doing some research I wanted to see if there were any fields outside of ny that were ok to metal detect on and I gotta look up where the magic lines end cause I know they had camps around the area but was just trying to get some ideas before i get my machine so I can put together a decent plan. and terry thank you for your post on my other thread about which machine was good for saltwater I was looking into the minelab explorer se pro I was wondering what you though about that one?

Fantastic all-around FBS machine. From beaches to farm fields. It will probably take you 150-hours on the headphones to really start to become comfortable with it (which is not to say you won't start finding good stuff right away), because it has so many options and possible settings. At $1,149.00 it is a good investment for a serious hunter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread