Looking for places to detect around/outside of the phoenix area this week…

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came to the area to visit my parents and they want me to take them detecting but I have no idea where to go in the area(I live in Texas). My father wants to find someplace historical or a ghost town/old home site. He’s not too interested in hitting the tot lots or new parks in the area. Anywhere inside or outside of phoenix that would be a good place to look for coins/relics? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a ghost town by the name of Cochran which is 19 miles SE of San Tan Valley. San Tan Valley is extended SE of the Phoenix Metropolitan area.

Mesa is a large metropolitan area(Southeast of Phoenix) which has been around a long time. You might find something there: run-down property(i.e house/motel) that you could detect.

Between Casa Grande and Queen Creek(coming from the South towards the Phoenix Metropolitan area) there used to be the WWII Japanese Internment camp out in the desert by itself. All the buildings are gone but there are still indications of it. This might be Native American land. Though I've detected the area 4-5 times and never had a problem(nor did I find anything old).

There's the fairgrounds near downtown Phoenix that's been around a long time. You might find a vacant lot in the area that you could detect.

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a ghost town by the name of Cochran which is 19 miles SE of San Tan Valley. San Tan Valley is extended SE of the Phoenix Metropolitan area.

Mesa is a large metropolitan area(Southeast of Phoenix) which has been around a long time. You might find something there: run-down property(i.e house/motel) that you could detect.

Between Casa Grande and Queen Creek(coming from the South towards the Phoenix Metropolitan area) there used to be the WWII Japanese Internment camp out in the desert by itself. All the buildings are gone but there are still indications of it. This might be Native American land. Though I've detected the area 4-5 times and never had a problem(nor did I find anything old).

There's the fairgrounds near downtown Phoenix that's been around a long time. You might find a vacant lot in the area that you could detect.
Thanks! Gonna to scout out a few of these areas before I take my parents out. I really appreciate it!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread