Looking For Research Ideas...

rztcrawford

Greenie
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All-

I live in Nashville, TN and am planning a busy hunting season this year. I am using the winter to do research on new areas. I am looking for anything that may be of help in my area. Legends, maps, links, pictures, actual accounts, or anything else you can think of would be great. When the weather warms up I hope to have a few people join me on some of these hunts.

Thanks in advance and happy hunting!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you could start with a site that has old aerial photograph's. https://www.historicaerials.com/ is my goto site. Also, I live in Illinois, and found this site:1937-1947 Illinois Historical Aerial Photography | clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu. This is another good one for my area anyway. Try googling historic aerials and (your location).

Visit your library, talk to the older folks in your town, plat maps from your area are also good. Good Luck!

This one might help you:Tennessee State Library and Archives: Photograph and Image Search

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best thing to hunt is a house site where the house has been gone a long time. Don't be afraid to travel, too.

OP
OP
R

rztcrawford

Greenie
Nov 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you could start with a site that has old aerial photograph's. https://www.historicaerials.com/ is my goto site. Also, I live in Illinois, and found this site:1937-1947 Illinois Historical Aerial Photography | clearinghouse.isgs.illinois.edu. This is another good one for my area anyway. Try googling historic aerials and (your location).

Visit your library, talk to the older folks in your town, plat maps from your area are also good. Good Luck!

This one might help you:Tennessee State Library and Archives: Photograph and Image Search

I have never seen or heard of the historical aerials site. I will definitely look into it. I have a notebook full of different areas and locations I am interested in and I am sure that site will help with that. Thanks!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions