Looking For Something Specific..............

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But it was not to be today... :(

I really had to smile when I found the snap part of a purse though! :D

I found a wheat but can't read the date on it yet.

I hunted on the bottom side of a bluff today. The weather is changing and not as nice. The wind was howling and the place was really eerie. Lots and lots of places to hide stuff and lots and lots of places for animals to live! I have to say that I was really nervous today back there all by myself. I must be out of my mind! ::) But gosh it was fun! :D

Hope ya'll had a great day!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 0113stuff.JPG
    0113stuff.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
That little snap purse is interesting.....maybe you will find all the coin that was in it...funny to find that at the bottom of a cliff?? Sounds like a really great place to hunt. Glad to hear a little howling wind didnt stop you from staying!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Were there any bones around? Maybe the coin purse was attached to a pants pocket, attached to a leg, attached to a bone at the bottom of lovers leap. HA HA!!! Probably lost in the woods by an early detectorist who was defeated by poor equipment of that early time in history.OR, just another day in the detecting life of NANA THE GREAT.
Spotz

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Jingle bells, shotgun shells, bullets all galore", now that's more like the Nana I know! If you got the feeling something or someone was watching you, it probably was! Boo! Love your posts, just be careful, nice hunt! Monty

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice Nana. Don't get all worked up. No animal will get you. It just gets a little spooky at times. I'm proud of you venturing off by yourself. I feal like a second Dad LOL. You did good. Looks like some turn of the century artifacts. Keep up that search. Your gonna hit something good here exploring like you are.

HH Jer

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Being out by youself make's ME nervous,be safe......There is no other Nana here.HH!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell you not to get spooked. My middle name is spooked for awhile yet. Just use good judgement. You remind me of the pioneer women I read about in the history books. HH Burdie

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice finds nana! That purse frame looks like its been there awhile, maybe the contents are still out there ;)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Nana....what are you looking for....that's not your childhood purse is it?come on tell us....

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was extremely windy here also, I didn't hunt today, to many errands. Nana make sure people know where you are going, and be careful. Hopefully you take a cell phone with you. HH, Tsgman

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shannon said:
Ask her what she's looking for! ;)? ;D

Now you know Nana ain't gonna kiss and tell! ;D .........Just use your imagination........we're on TREASURE NET! :D

I do take the cell phone with me and someone usually knows the vicinity that I am in.

You're the best! Thanks!

;)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the wheatie, WTG
It would be nice to find the contents of the purse, huh?
It does get a little spooky out there someties by yourself, but I doubt it would be a spook that you would have to worry about...
Be careful, & have fun...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Tranquility! Peace! Contentment! Her watch? A plane ticket to Oregon? The murder weapon? Something frilly & black that she lost! A ladieds kerchief perhaps? An accessory to her spare detector? Somethin special!
Spotz

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out, I've hunted some really eerie areas. HH, Mike

Night Stalker

Bronze Member