Looking for somewhere to pan in NC

jsawyers

Mar 24, 2013
I'm fairly new to it myself, I recently joined the gpaa and for nc the areas they have listed are pay to dig, where you can go and pay for dirt or dig in certain areas, all seem to be open to the public. I haven't tried any of them yet. Other than Uwharrie national Forrest most likely places to contain gold are on private land.

claygold

Nov 3, 2012
I'm fairly new to it myself, I recently joined the gpaa and for nc the areas they have listed are pay to dig, where you can go and pay for dirt or dig in certain areas, all seem to be open to the public. I haven't tried any of them yet. Other than Uwharrie national Forrest most likely places to contain gold are on private land.

Look up where old mines were u can find them here on tnet and go from there i live outside charlotte and theres gold just about in every creek some cks.have more than others doin't give up it took me 6 months to find the first piece but i did'nt know about tnet or anybody to show me good luck

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Join the nearest GPAA group. We have outings every month plus we have access to some really good private property! (And always on the lookout for more!)

Home Page Don't let the name fool you. We meet in Kannapolis, NC.

(There's one in Aberdeen, NC that's closer to Raleigh.) However, I don't know who active they are.

We are a super active group. You can prospect every weekend and even often times through the week if you want through us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread