looking for the best pants option

whitey9977

Apr 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT propointer (carrot), Garrett ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone knows or uses a certain kind of pants that are water proof and insulated. I live in the Northeast and right about now its easily in the thirties and I plan on detecting till the snow stops me or the ground freezes up but Im sick of wet cold knees! I was just wondering if there was something specific out there. Thanks-HH

Whitey9977

Upvote 0

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We actually use "construction" knee pads. Keeps your knees dry and cushions them when kneeling. We bought gel ones at Harbor Freight for around $10 per pair. Added benefit, the pads keep your knees warm - a necessity in New England. Hope this helps.

Anita

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to any hunting shop and look for winter work clothes, they do sell insulated zip up suits :icon_thumright:

DaveandBlitz

Greenie
Oct 12, 2012
E Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, V3, Tesoro Lobo supertrack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use army surplus wool pants and kneepads. Wool is warm wet or dry!

Maxore

Sep 12, 2012
Utah
Detector(s) used
MXT W/ 950
MXT-Pro w/ 6x10DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use insulated running pants that are waterproof then a pair of work jeans overtop one with a hammer loop on the leg. I use this for my towel/dirt cloth in parks and pick in mountains and riverbeds. I live in north Utah and go out around 6 in the morning to detect When it's pretty cold frost on my windows and semi frozen ground. I Stay just the right temp until noon then gotta shed the hoody.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread