looking for treasure in mass[ atlas]

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a united states treasure atlas for maine maryland mass michigan minnesota mississippi, by thomas p terry vol 5 which the book is not published anymore. one place in mass the treasure was found right where the book said. the first pirate ship ever found in mass was right off a cement marker where the book said it was. they found it after the book was published,so i know it has alot of truth to it.if i can help, i will,but if you know of any kind of treasure stories in mass, that i dont have ,then please let me know.i live on cape cod in mass. thanks frank

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are in a different area so we won't be bumping into each other searching. I too have used Terry's books (have the whole set) and I must say its a toss up in each case whither or not something was there. I have checked out over 50 sites in Ohio and Kentucky and have only found two that had had anything there. That means the people came back for it, others found it, or there was just a legend about it. Don't get too excited until you dig! Am I saying forget Terry's stuff? Not in the least, just keep n mind they have been in print for at least 20 years and a lot of people used them...but the equipment was not as good as it is now! All I am saying is you will disprove a lot of them, but when you find the big one it will be worth it! Imagine finding the location of a keg of pre1840s silver coins then the farmer not letting you dig it up! That is just one possability....and be sure to get permission to hunt...or you could loose it all..the Treasure Trove laws of each state very but you can loose it if you don't have permission in most of them!

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the imput.Theirs alot of history here,but time has put alot of houses here. ive been going around old cranberry bogs on concervation land where about 2-3 hundred years ago they hearded sheep. found a babies ring that say stearling in it instead of the numbers. small but beautiful. i also found a 300 year old coin with king george the first on it. it was the last year of his rane but ended up losing it trying to get permission to go on another site while they started to dig the place up. so now im trying to get the new excalbur which is out of stock right now so i can start going up some of these salt water channels. i hear you can find alot of old stuff at the ends of these channels,if you like alot of mud.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franchie you can get an excal tomorrow in framingham on route 9 west.10 miles from exit on right called. DECTORS. Leprechaun.:leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread