Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
??? ??? ??? Clayton: Here's a couple to check out!

Stagecoach Loot in Doubtful Canyon, near Steins Peak, Hildago Co.

$40K in Gold Coins from a Wagon Train hidden 25mi. E. of Springer, Colfax Co.

Stagecoach Loot hidden near Cooney, Grant Co.

That's all I know about them. ???????

Joe ???

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006
I'm headed up to the Carson on a mule deer hunt next week. Was always interested in the story about the army payroll robbery that ended up between Aztec and Blanco, buried "under the shadow" of some "arch shaped rock" ???? 1874,Horton and Wharton robbed the SLNT and scurried off for Colorado. The army caught up with them somewhere north of Blanco, they both went to jail, and as all good stories go, one died and the other could never find the loot. Has it been found?? Is there any more info out there? I haven't researched it at all, just going on a hunt and wanted something to look for while in the area. Any input would be appreciated.

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
SOUTH OF ALAMOGORDO ABOVE NEGRO ED CANYON IS SUPPOSED TO BE APACHE TREASURE TAKEN FROM THE SPANISH. SOUTH side OF DOG CANYON IN THE WEST SIDE OF THE SACRAMENTO MTS. I HAVE A PICTURE OF A HORSEMAN WITH WHAT LOOKS A SHIRT OF MAIL LIKE THE SPANISH WORE we were there when I was 12 or 13,I just turned 63.

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I was in the Cabolla Mts. in N.M. and was close to where Willy Doughit brought out the gold. He was living in San Diego Calif. until a few years ago when he passed away. I found his old camp site nestled in the rocks high above the canyon floor. Not far from this campsite was a very old tree that was sawed off protruding from the ledge. I summized that this was the tree he used to haul the bars up to the top of the ledge as there were worn ridges in the stump from what appeared to be a rope. I will go back some day and see what is what (if the Govt hasnt already claimed it for the military). Ironically, I did find a flat stone covering a man-made cave that was about 10ftx10ft and appeared to be worked on and off clandestinly. It was at the base of one of the leges and was cleaverly hid.

I also have a map drawn by an Apache indian that was given to me in 1979. This map tells of an opening on WSMR that leads to an underground cavern system. The opening is obscurred by a large flat rock. He stated that if you did not know it was there, a person would walk right by it and never no it. Unfortunatly, it may never be re-found as the entire area is off-limits.

Shattuc

Greenie
May 30, 2005
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Dare I ask what area of the Caballo range is off limits? I spend a bit of time up there offroading when the hankering hits me. Reading through this stuff gives me ideas about things I've seen. Define off limits? we talking military shooting at me? or other treasure hunters shooting at me. the latter seems far more likely.

kidcentavo

Greenie
Dec 3, 2007
Guys! The correct spelling for the Mountains you are referring to is the Sierra De Los Caballos. Pronounced Ka-vah-yo. Spanish for horse. There is a tale told to a WPA worker in 1931, during the depression, by an old Spainish woman from Hot Springs, about a location of gold buried in large potholes on the EAST side of the Caballos. You can find out about this on-line.

ALSO in 1971 Perry C. Van Arsdale published a limited edition of PIONEER NEW MEXICO Map, listing everything that he had heard about early New Mexico tales, and history. Have to look hard to find a copy of this map.

The Albuquerque Citizen newspaper Jan. 9 1897 published an article about a mysterious Russian looking for a huge Spanish gold mine in the Black Range near Chloride. Interesting, the Russian was hanged in Shakespear a few years later.

More Later Kidcentavo

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Anyone, interested in The Caballo Mnts ?
Doc & I have a couple of sites that we will be investigating
Two of Them, are actually, top the very top of the mnts
One of these is a very, very DEEP crevice !
On the ground level, we are going to check out where the
TWO TURTLES are pointing
And!
A Hidden Canyon !
If you'd like to see some really interesting, treasure related
Signs and symbols
Come along ?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Does anyone know of anything going on closer to my location? I'm down in Covis, right on the TX border...

a1stonemason

Oct 2, 2008
Morning
I am seeking a map my neighbor has and it is called the ( Pioneer New Mexico ) cr 1971 by perry c van arnsdale,

any one having information on this I would really appreciate your help,

thanks
Anthony

a1stonemason

Oct 2, 2008
Re: Looking pioneer new mexico map

ALSO in 1971 Perry C. Van Arsdale published a limited edition of PIONEER NEW MEXICO Map, listing everything that he had heard about early New Mexico tales, and history. Have to look hard to find a copy of this map.

More Later Kidcentavo

[/quote]

Kidcentavo , I live in Regina and I am wanting to purchace this map. do you know of any for sale or copy's
anthony [email protected]

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Road Quest
I have around 5000! Treasure Leads
Most, about all, with references
&
West of The Mississippi
What would you like?
Please:
Serious reply

maps

Jul 5, 2010
Found: Van Arsdale maps New Mexico and others

I am the granddaughter of Perry Van Arsdale and sell the maps you are looking for. New Mexico,Texas,
Colorado, Arizona,Illinois,East-South,Southwest,Northwest and Indian. They show old trails,RR,cattle and emigrant trails,state and freight lines with stations,old forts,trading posts,early settlements, mining towns, and American Indian tribe areas. Most have dates shown. They have annotated history of the areas and are highly desired by researchers, treasure hunters and others. They are sent rolled,priority mail USPS. For more info and price please e-mail [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread