cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1.50 is a good price. What is your max on the computer towers if they are complete?
I once bundled a tower with something else and paid $2.00 but that tower was different. It was all clear lucte and had two rows of LED lighting inside and a lot of plugin cards, including one very large video card that I sold on ebay for around $50

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to pay $5+ per tower when gold was around $1700. I would still pay at least $4 and maybe more depending on the model.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once bundled a tower with something else and paid $2.00 but that tower was different. It was all clear lucte and had two rows of LED lighting inside and a lot of plugin cards, including one very large video card that I sold on ebay for around $50

That tower may have sold for a lot. Same with that video card. Sounds like it was a gaming PC those generally have a lot of money in them.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to get the towers at below $5. I hope I can get a bunch for $1 or so each.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a few balk at my $1.50 offer. there have been several times I have stopped asking if people have any old computers, because i already have 5-6 in the back of my HHR.

OH, and if they pull their hard drive I lower my price to $1.00 cause I am dollarDan

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a few balk at my $1.50 offer. there have been several times I have stopped asking if people have any old computers, because i already have 5-6 in the back of my HHR.

OH, and if they pull their hard drive I lower my price to $1.00 cause I am dollarDan

If you offered me 1.50 I'd laugh I can sell the fan for 3

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not everyone can. To the majority of people, nonworking or old computers are junk, and they would way rather you buy them than pay to haul them off.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a few that I pulled. Used to I'd just sell them with the boards for scrap, but I learned that people want them, so I have started keeping them. Do you sell them on eBay? Is there a way I can test them besides plugging them into a computer?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you offered me 1.50 I'd laugh I can sell the fan for 3

Yes, you could but most people have no idea how to part out anything. 99% of the computers I get have not been used for years and the owners are happy to get something.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a few that I pulled. Used to I'd just sell them with the boards for scrap, but I learned that people want them, so I have started keeping them. Do you sell them on eBay? Is there a way I can test them besides plugging them into a computer?

I just did an ebay search for "computer fan" and "motherboard fan" and not one hit over the entire site. what else would they be called?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread