cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sell SIMs on ebay in multiple's of 50 - 100 - 250 - 500 and get 1 to 2 orders a day. I think my prices are competitive.

I list in:
Coins & Paper Money>Bullion>Gold>Scrap & Recovered Gold
Cell Phones & Accessories>Phone Cards & SIM Cards>SIM Cards

So I think I have tapped out the logical areas, got to tread lightly listing the same thing in different spots.

Any ideas? Any other auction sites where someone might want these for gold recovery?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Can't help with your question but this is something I never heard of. How do you get your hands on so many and what number of average cards does it take to realize a measurable amount of gold ? Hazardous chemicals or an expensive process required to extract the gold ? etc. I could do a Google search but you seem to know quite a bit about it.

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan,

Try the gold refining forums do internet search for it. Also keep an eye out for flappy birds download on any working phone I think $1000 on ebay.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you get your hands on so many and what number of average cards does it take to realize a measurable amount of gold ? Hazardous chemicals or an expensive process required to extract the gold ?

I recycle trashed cells buy the thousands. I get some SIMS from them when I pull the batteries. (I recycle the Li Ion batts too) I have a supplier of cards also.

I do not do the gold extraction myself, I stay away from boiling acids) Lots of things have gold in or on it. I try to supply those things to people who can do the final extraction. I do not know how many SIMs it takes to get a gram of gold, I leave it up to my buyers.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try the gold refining forums do internet search for it. Also keep an eye out for flappy birds download on any working phone I think $1000 on ebay.

That bird thing is just plain dumb. I did a search. An iphone with 5 bird things sold for $2000 where do kids get that much money?

I belong to a good refining forum but they don't want to pay my prices. I have good ebay prices. I think they want discounted wholesale prices. (that's what I pay)

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some gamers have more money than sense! Lol!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you get so many junk cell phones if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my phone and GPS I have it as Juan Cellphones. He will not or can not tell me in English how he gets them but he once pointed to a dumpster. I have figuered out he also buys cells and resells to me. (several times another man is at Juan's garage when i buy and after my count and pay to Juan they go off to a car and i am assumning Juan Doe 11 is getting his cut.

Most likely the dumpsters are behind cell phone stores. 95% of the phones are trashed and very few have backs. Some are muddy and one was shot and once had a what a dog thought was a chew toy.

I pay 50¢ each and never more. They weigh an average of 2.9 ounces each and I get $4.00 lb, you do the math. If any one can get 20-25 lbs send me a message and I will send you me buyers email. He picks up shipping too.

Last edited:

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Dan keep at it! You could probably advertise for old cell phone parts and take orders for battery covers antenae ect then when you get that model sell the part and recycle the rest of the phone. I been saving cell phones for a while I sold a few for $20- $30. I used to clean out foreclosed homes and would come up with some weird items as well as lots a phones.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to find a lot of cell phones at yard sales this year. I won't pay over 50 cents each either.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to find a lot of cell phones at yard sales this year. I won't pay over 50 cents each either.

Always ask, I got over 40 last saturday. One is a smart phone that works real good, I have no need for a smart phone, don't do text, my fingers are too big for the buttons and my eyes too old to read any message.

I have owned over 20,000 cellphones but still use a flip phone ;)

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure if I ask them, everyone has some junk cell phones laying around they would like to get rid of. I hope several have computer towers too.:headbang: Do you buy them?

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, by the way, do all of the phones you get have sim cards in them? I can't find them on several of mine.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, that makes a lot of sense. A bunch of mine are verizon, so that would explain why I couldn't find them. Thanks!

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much do you sell the SIM cards for?
All over the place. My regular ebay listing is 50 for $8.75 100 for $15 and i also sell in larger increments but mostly 50 & 100s. I did have someone pay $25 for 7 of his choice, but they were hard to find. He has also given me others to look for.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$1.50 is a good price. What is your max on the computer towers if they are complete?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread