trevor225

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2019
Torrington Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looking into this site for after winter since its most likely impossible to hike the 3 miles to it atm with all the leaves etc. and id probably want to buy waders. there is the old dirt road that i can walk to get there. goes along a stream.
szdxvgbszxgvszxgv.PNG azfazfs.PNG

does this look like a mini like town or something what would you call this since all the homes were close together. its about 1.5 miles from the main road deep in the woods.

where do yall think a dump would be there. i want to detect and look for bottles. do you think it was a single dump with all these houses or multiple? these show up on a map from the 1850s. and where do you think the outhouses were?

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Trevor. Those maps are very helpful. Tough finding the privy holes because most weren’t all that deep and Mother Nature has filled them in. In my experience, they were usually downhill and downwind from the house location, far enough away so that the odor (and probably flies) could be avoided. The dumps tended to be anywhere convenient like a small hollow or hillside not far from the house. As you know, they didn’t have the garbage to contend with like we do, so their dumps will have mostly glass and pottery. Tough finding places around here that haven’t been pounded already, but good luck anyway.
dts

OP
OP
T

trevor225

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2019
Torrington Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i looked threw goshen on some aerials tons of homesites out in the woods. there has got to be tons of dumps out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread