Looking Through The Past

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today to enjoy the beautiful Fall weather; 72 degrees and blue sky.
After doing a bit of research last evening to find a more productive sight, I headed out today
for an afternoon detect and dig session. ;)
I targeted an old part of town down along a river that is a quite well-known and used park.
Public area all the way--I do not post pictures of where I go--because I put alot of time and effort into finding these places.
Coins are sparse and competition is heavy as we all know.
Started the day off with a '37 wheat that was at the edge of an iron patch. Next came some clad, and then a junk earring (don't think it is silver).
The signals then started coming with an early date wheat, and some of the whatzit's.
The ground is perfectly moist right now. :thumbsup:
I believe the rectangular piece with the jigsaw shape to an old lock cover. Ignition cover?
The lid is from a vintage Musterole salve jar (circa '20's) http://www.reminisce.com/2011/08/musterole-before-there-was-vicks-vaporub/
and found down at about a foot. A piece of the old-miky white glass was hanging off the inside lid when I pulled it out.
And, a 1941-S quarter on edge at 8"-9".
What a great day to be out! Loved and enjoyed every minute of it.
102212A.JPG
The year was 1941:
The war in Europe continues to escalate with countries joining on one side or the other , and large number of civilian casualties on both sides due to the use of bombing.
A popular song of the day: "I'll Be with You in Apple Blossom Time " Andrews Sisters
Walt Disney's film Dumbo was released.
Ronald Reagan was elected to the board of directors of the Screen Actors Guild.
Joe DiMaggio's 56–game hitting streak (May 15 – July 16)
Mininum wage was 30 cents an hour.
And a quarter bought 2 gallons of gas.

Upvote 4

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fun to read, neat finds, & your brief history of 1941 especially interesting to me as I was born in 1942 (just after Dumbo, hmm) HH Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread