Looking to get a good SS water scoop has anyone tried Chucks new 720 yet ?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used many scoops and the one that I only use now is the Sunspot Stealth in two sizes. They have been upgraded many times and you have the option of different handles. A good scoop is well worth its weight in gold and lasts for years.
Stealth Scoops

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used many scoops and the one that I only use now is the Sunspot Stealth in two sizes. They have been upgraded many times and you have the option of different handles. A good scoop is well worth its weight in gold and lasts for years.
Stealth Scoops
Thanks Sandman i called Chuck today the scoop is being mailed out Monday since i dont go in real deep water i went with the [FONT=&quot]STEALTH 8 [/FONT] Classic
with the 54 inch wood handle and lift assist
:icon_thumleft: Jim

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to buy one today but they still need to do a Mod, and it will take about 2 weeks to get it done...:icon_scratch:

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I also have a water proof chest mount for my GT made of Plano water proof box :) It's awsome...

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my Stealth for about a year. I have about 20 outings with it, it solid gets the job done. My buddy has one also,has had his about as long, but had the pro handle. He has double the outings on it and probably twice the digs, his handle cracked. He called sunspot and got a replacement sent out along with a longer wood handle. They took care of him. However then the weld broke. He had it repaired locally (only $18). He talked with Sunspot again, they had a problem with a welder but took care of it, and updated handles and baskets. Told him to call if he has any other problems. I would and will still deal with him. I am 6 ft. and the 54" handle works fine in waist to chest deep. Both scoops are the 8.0 and they do give you a work out when full of wet sand.

Ed D.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What part of the Stealth 720i handle do you guys add/position the lift assist grip?
Thanks,
Dan

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those things are kinda pricey. You can get a pretty decent detector for what they want for a scoop!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, those things are kinda pricey. You can get a pretty decent detector for what they want for a scoop!

The one thing you never have enough of is time. Cheap scoops break and end hunts. Small sized scoops make you dig many more scoops to recover a deep target which eats more time. If you want something designed well, and made well, and made in the USA with American labor instead of in China with second rate materials and 4th rate welds, then yes it costs more.

BUY QUALITY ONCE OR JUNK OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Jason in Enid said:
The one thing you never have enough of is time. Cheap scoops break and end hunts. Small sized scoops make you dig many more scoops to recover a deep target which eats more time. If you want something designed well, and made well, and made in the USA with American labor instead of in China with second rate materials and 4th rate welds, then yes it costs more.

BUY QUALITY ONCE OR JUNK OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

You said it right Jason in Enid!!! When I took this scoop out of the package last night, I can c how it will cut threw the hard packed wet sand like butter. Man, this scoop is nice!!! I am looking forward to being able to get each target with 1 scoop full or so. The quality of the handle is really something. I can tell Chuck put a lot of development into it.
cheers,
Dan

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My aluminum scoop is just to small to use in shallow beach water hunting with my water proof chest mounted Sov. GT what i need is a good SS scoop to get that target hopefully in 1 scoop i was looking at a new design a 720 angled handle scoop i just wondered if anyone has got it yet Jim Thanks

Here's what I use and wouldn't use/buy any others - I've tried many over the yrs and all have failed/been a waste of $$ except this one!

It's the 6" MONSTER STAINLESS STEEL WATER SCOOP with 48 in. handle -

$175.00

Attachments

• R709.jpg
    R709.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 112

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of us just have to learn this on our own. Nobody wants to spend 2-3 hundred dollars on a sand scoop......so we buy cheaper scoops when we start. After we break a few, we finally shell out the money to buy a decent scoop.....after we spent additional money on inferior scoops. Some lessons just have to be learned first hand. I finally bought a T-Rex and still broke welds by the end of the summer. I like the scoop so I had it repaired and beefed up by a local weld shop.

The beach I spend most of my time on has sand that is like concrete just before it sets, I'll probably break it again this summer. I need to buy a back up scoop this year.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all for the advice looks like it is the 720i for me . Jim

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
I bought two inferior scoops. they sucked! no Kick Plate! To me that is the best advantage of the Stealth scoops! Having the ability to step on something flat and drive it into the sand is great. Not to mention the ton of sand it can pull up in one scoop. Since I started using it I think I limit the amount of times I have to search for the target to three tries tops. Its AWESOME! I am borrowing one from a friend so this christmas I only asked for $$$$$$$$$$ to save up for one.

Is the sugar sand hol scoop worth it in freshwater lakes or it probably would be too small unless your at the beach 24/7?

cheers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread