looking to get a new metal detector any suggestions?

canadiandigger

Jul 5, 2012
woodstock ontario
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter/whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro makes great metal detectors and they are the only maker that still has a lifetime warranty.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites has a nice line of detectors plus their customer service is one of the best in the biz,but unfortunately only a couple of models new are under 400.00,but you can pick up a nice used unit on ebay sometimes in that range.
Do ya some research and you'll see more then a few detectors from other makers that'll be in your range.As Terry suggested on the tesoro line,that would be a good place to check out,plus tesoro has the life time warrenty.Good luck to ya............

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the Garrett Ace 350. It's the #2 best seller.

flatsix

Jan 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have spent thousands on metal detectors and accessories(seven new machines).If I had to star all over with $400 no doubt I would get a silver Umax,garrett pro pointer and a lesche digging tool.I dont think you could go wrong with that set-up.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I love whites if you can afford one buy it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot will depend on the type of detecting you will do but I'd get the best one suited for that use....even if it's a used machine.

jacobcareme

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2012
keystone heights florida
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah check out the reveiws on the at pro. the next detector i get is going to be the pro. and right now there is some great deals on a couple web sites.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the ACE250 and it has a lot of great features at a low price. I also have the ProPointer and would never want to hunt without it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread