Looking to make a compadre shorter.

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I adjusted my Compadre's lower shaft all the way in to the last hole and the total length measured 39" from bottom of coil to back of the arm cuff. About 28" from coil to the hand grip. Have your son stand with his arm at the position he would hold it and see if that will work.
The Compadre has a lot of holes to adjust in fact there really isn't any room to drill more. Plus if you did, I'm not sure if it would void the warranty or not. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
H

huntin4

Sep 1, 2013
Thank mortarman! I'm not sure if that's what I'll get him but ppl hand told me that would be a good one. He is 7 and loves MD. I let him use my ace350 to play around with. Just a lil heavy for him to swing very long.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He should handle it just fine as far as the weight goes.
luvdux

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if the compadre is the same but on my outlaw I can remove the center rod and the lower rod fits in the upper.

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Compadre is an excellent detector for a child. Very light, very simple to operate and what most people who don't own one don't realize is that it is a very powerful machine on small gold! You won't regret getting one. I love mine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread