Detector(s) used
whites dfx 300
Upvote 0

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Can you tell us a little more... how often you detect, where and what you like to hunt and specifically what your budget is...

Paul

OP
OP
N

nratc

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
whites dfx 300
I live in Ohio and vacation mostly in Myrtle Beach twice ayear, once in the spring and then in the fall. I am retired so my budget is limited. I suppose my Bounty Hunter isn't worth much by now so a trade-in is probably out of the question. From what I've seen, MD's run $300-1,000. I kinda had $500-$600 in mind.
Jim

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand you wanting to get out of a BH. The newer detectors have upgraded circuits and are lighter weight. For the money you mentioned you can get a good machine. I can recommend many but it would be best for you to visit the Whites, Tesoro, Minelab and Garrett websites to learn about the new detectors in your price range. Saving money is good, but not at the expense of buying a detector that will waste your time by not being up to the task. Stick to the middle of the run.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Buy a used minelab sov Gt .... thats my beach and relic hunter and its in your price Range .. guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions