Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"looks" can be deceiving just like skeptics. I admit I didn't read the article and only read a few articles about the device several years ago. What I did read is the device found hundreds of vehicles with bombs and explosives materials. There is no way a fake device is going to find hundreds of vehicles with bombs in them. That's a lot of lives saved. If in fact the guy promised the device to be 100% accurate, that was a big mistake. No device is 100% accurate including trained dogs. In treasure hunting you don't need to be 100% accurate. And I said for bomb sniffing you should never rely on any device to be 100% accurate.

And speaking of skeptics, I've said it's either a case of ignorance or intentional deception. I should clarify that to say "and" instead of "or". Even if they are intentionally deceptive like the above post, there is a lot of ignorance on their part, too. They don't know because they have never experienced it. To paraphrase Christopher Hills "When dealing with this subject, second hand knowledge is about as worthless as reason is to a mindless fool."

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The criminal justice system is not God. I suppose there are a few people who think OJ is innocent. Anybody here trust any lawyer? Court cases have nothing to do with the truth. The lawyers want to win any way they can. That's the bottom line.

Do I think the device was overpriced? Absolutely. How about other equipment sold to OUR govt? No need to answer. Do I think it is wrong to make kickbacks to get a contract? Maybe. It's illegal in this country, but most places that is how business is done. And when another contractor is able to sway public opinion in favor of his product, the other guy gets the shaft. You might not like it but money makes the world go round. Like I said, I read somewhere years ago that device found explosives in I think something like 750 vehicles. No doubt it missed some, but how many no one knows for sure. Dogs are not as reliable as most people think. They get distracted, they get tired, they miss stuff, too. You gonna put the dog in prison is they miss one?

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure don't have any kind of legal background. I took business law in college and my father had a law degree. He always told me there would always be a need for "good" lawyers. That's because there aren't very many. Like the one joke goes about God saying he was going to sue the Devil. And the Devil said "Where are YOU going to find a lawyer?" There ain't any in Heaven. I sat on jury one time and I saw some of the dirty tricks used to sway the jury. One guy during the jury selection said "He's obviously guilty, isn't he?" and he watched who nodded their head in agreement. When lawyers don't have evidence they try to sway the jury with emotion. "Look at all that blood!" works for many people. Same crap here on this thread. Skeptic crap. It just so happens some of the metal detector companies are selling bomb detectors now. Ain't that funny?

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
The criminal justice system is not God. I suppose there are a few people who think OJ is innocent.

You ever hear of the day of the knife and Jason Simpson? OJ hired his son Jason the best Defense Attorney in LA the morning after Nichole was found killed. The assisting prosecuting DA said "We went after the wrong Simpson". It really is crazy. Jason was on probation for assault with a deadly weapon at the time. He had previously attacked a girlfriend and co-worker with a knife.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard that. Either way the justice system did not find the truth. The LRL skeptics use the same "dumbed-down" jury technique. Anyone who falls for their crap is a member.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike, multiple choice time...

(a) McCormick was a crook who sold bogus LRLs, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(b) McCormick's LRLs were just misunderstood, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(c) McCormick's LRLs saved a lot of lives, except for a few hundred who got blown to smithereens, and that's the Skeptics' fault.

(d) McCormick's LRLs have nothing in common with my LRLs, except the frequency generator and the dowsing rods, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(e) You must have me confused with someone who cares and writes a lot of posts blaming skeptics, which is obviously the Skeptics' fault.

Groves

Mar 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Various LRLs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mike, multiple choice time...

(a) McCormick was a crook who sold bogus LRLs, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(b) McCormick's LRLs were just misunderstood, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(c) McCormick's LRLs saved a lot of lives, except for a few hundred who got blown to smithereens, and that's the Skeptics' fault.

(d) McCormick's LRLs have nothing in common with my LRLs, except the frequency generator and the dowsing rods, and it's the Skeptics' fault.

(e) You must have me confused with someone who cares and writes a lot of posts blaming skeptics, which is obviously the Skeptics' fault.

Looks like Mike has ducked out. What's new? :laughing7:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Conman James McCormick jailed for 10 years over fake bomb detectors - Crime - UK - The Independent
Gee..10 years for selling a golf ball finder as an explosive detector
James McCormick who made £50m selling fake bomb detectors bribed Iraqi officials to win huge contract | Mail Online
Story about the same guy
Jim McCormick: Conman who sold fake bomb detectors in £50m scam 'has blood on his hands' - Mirror Online
Ho hum
Could you please tell the membership just what this has to do with our hobby of treasure Hunting? I for one have never looked for treasure that would go boom.,..Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread