Loomis is hiring: Coin Teller, secret job duties and details inside!

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loomis is HIRING!! Join A Winning Team Today!
We are currently seeking Coin Teller for the Little Rock, AR area.

Coin Teller

BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION: Using automated equipment, process loose, bagged coin into conformed rolls to be packaged in various denomination boxes for daily customer change order shipments. Coin Roller is a dual-function job: loader and boxer/packer. Each function is performed in an alternating manner; i.e., alternating positions per four hours or every other day. The loader continuously fills machine hoppers with loose coin while the packer-boxer oversees and directs the flow of rolled coin on the conveyor into boxes. The boxer then weighs, seals, initials and places boxes of rolled coin onto the rack.

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:

Continuously feed bags of loose coin into machine hopper for up to four (4) hours per shift, operating from 2 to 7 machines at a time.
Manually position coin rolling machine chutes to fill boxes on conveyor belt. Seal, weigh, initial and lift boxes onto rack. Function is performed repetitiously for up to four (4) hours per shift. Depending on the number of machines, a packer will process as many as 200+ boxes per 4-hour shift.
Performance of the above functions requires:
Unrestricted ability to stand, walk, bend, squat.
Ability to repetitiously lift bags of coin weighing from 30-55 lbs. from ground level to a height of at least 4 feet, cut open, and pour the contents into a machine hopper, approximately one bag per minute.
Ability to lift boxes of rolled coin (weighing as much as 12-25 lbs.) off conveyor belt and position on rack on level from 6 inches to 3 feet off floor level.
Ability to count, add and subtract; record numbers and signatures; read weights and distinguish coin denominations.
Ability to meet State licensing requirements for unarmed guard or non-commissioned security officer.
WORKING CONDITIONS:

Work is performed indoors in a room with little or no outside light, cement floor and walls. The area is heated for winter, air conditioned for summer. A high noise level exists when machines are in operation. Possible (but limited) exposure to gasoline fumes associated with forklift equipment.

Below is a list of required information that you will need to complete the application process.

Education History- Highest grade completed in each school category (Grade, High, College, Grad School)
Employment/Work Experience- All employment history for the past 7 years including address and phone number.
Three Personal References (no relatives) including address and phone number.
List all driving licenses or permits held.
Please list physical address. No PO Boxes acceptable.
Please fill out carefully and completely. Answer every question.

If you feel you have the qualifications for the Coin Teller position, we invite you to Apply Online TODAY…click the APPLY NOW button to get started!

Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE M/F/V/D Drug Free Workplace.

Source: http://sanantonio.employmentguide.com/jobdetails.html?JobID=7110806&keyword_string=

SO after reading this, do you really think they have enough time to say "hey that ones got a silver edge, grab it!" or hell even date check lol..I think not. Sounds pretty intense if you ask me lol. Why does this remind me of that I love Lucy episode where they work in the candy factory:

LOL anyways did you read the part about a packer will process 200+ boxes per 4-hour shift, simply not enough time to cull. After reading, Who wants the job?! Any takers? Cheers :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You are correct; one bag per minute is not enough time to go through them thoroughly. At best they're able to snag an occasional silver if they spy it on top, but it's simply not possible to actively search through them. Maybe on their break, as I used to do, but nowhere near on a regular, continual basis.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A job I would never do, seems like they work you to death for a 4-hour shift lifting 30-55lb bags repetiously. though it would be a nice work out!

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banks seem to have plenty of people standing around doing nothing so it's a shame Loomis employees have to work so hard.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just think of it this way All Of you Coin roll Hunter's Are Helping the Economy Buy Creating Jobs That Might Not Other wise Exist!!! LOL Keep it Up Chug Love Seeing your Finds :occasion14:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to look at it Chug, Check out what one guy at loomis had to say about working there:

The worst job ever.
Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta GA – July 18, 2012
Pros: free sodas on friday Cons: lunch break and 1 10 minute break no matter how long the shift.
Management is a joke. The turnover rate is the highest I've ever seen and no one seems to care. The place itself is the most nasty place I have ever worked. Holidays you are expected to do almost triple work with no holiday compensations. You work evening shifts with no shifts differentials.
Was this review helpful? Yes – No – Comment

Sounds horrible and laughable at the same time..read the other reviews here (the pay can also be found in there too) LOOMIS FARGO Employee Reviews | Indeed.com

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
This place is demoralizing and a complete joke (actually no one here finds it funny). They are constantly making new policies that have no real use in the real world, and sometimes put their own employees at more risk. They actually hinder our abilities to effectively do our jobs. If you love horrible work environments and bad management then this is the place for you!

Loomis Reviews | Glassdoor

Dawgs, if the going gets tough, then the tough get going. Sign me up!

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picture on brinks job website: brinks1.jpg

Brinks Coin Vault Clerk Career:

Position Description

Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, ATM servicing, currency and coin processing, document destruction and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Senior Coin Vault Clerk.

Job Summary:
The Senior Coin Vault Clerk is responsible for properly verifying and accounting for all subject to count items. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.

Key Responsibilities:
• Monitor performance of wrapping machines and immediately report and log any issues affecting production or accuracy
• Maintain specifications by observing operations, detecting malfunctions, inspecting parts and adjusting controls
• Resolve production problems by altering process to meet specifications
• Maintain orderly and clean work area, including all adjacent wall, tables, cabinets and storage areas
• Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and properly troubleshooting malfunctions. When necessary inform mechanics and managers of serious machine problems
• Ensure wrapped/processed coin is free of any foreign material for maximum product quality
• Cross-train and cover for other coin room positions as needed

Position Qualifications

Minimum Qualifications:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a production environment operating industrial manufacturing equipment
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Able to lift at least 50 pounds

Preferred Qualifications:
• Good basic math skills
• Coin wrapping, coin separation and/or sorting experience
• Light mechanical aptitude
• Experience working in a piece rate environment
Professional Skills:
• Good ethics and integrity
• High attention to detail
• Highly organized and neat
• Strong multi-tasking
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive hourly wage with profit sharing opportunities, we offer to eligible employees; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.

Last edited:

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the brinks 401K company matching. I have worked as a cashier for 16 years and for 12 of those I have had my company match my 401K contributions at 30 to 50%. I have 22,000 in my 401K right now. I plan on calling my 401K holder and seeing about shifting some of my stocks which are now in bonds for stock in silver bullion. And the 50Lbs lifting. ouch! I know it sounds corny or maybe its just me, but it matters what the bags are filled with. I have no problem lifting 50 Lbs of horse feed or bird seed, but its rock salt or rolled coins, ugh! my whole left arm justs aches thinking about it.

Hugs,
Garoulady

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you saw walker after walker being dumped into the machines you cant take them. You are required to wear pants without pockets and short sleeve shirts at these places. Even if you talked to your boss and said you would pay for them at the end of every shift you wouldnt be able to do it. So there is no point to try and get a job like this to snipe silver, if you do you wont last long.

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. It just is enlightening to the people that think these giants are culling.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't see "Ability to spot silver" in the qualification. After all, they're culling silver, aren't they? LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree UIC . since some members get their rolls via Loomis, & some accuse these places of culling silver,
I believe this was the perfect place this time 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions