Loonies & Twonies!!

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a soccer field the 1st wk. of March ( Just got the camera working again ) where there were many fields and found all these Canadian $ !.00 ( loonies ) and $ 2.00 coins and one 1967 Can dime, sorry forgot to flip coin over to reverse to show the schooner ( Could have it have been there all winter? Must of been a traveling team from the North ) they seemed to be recent drops as they were between one and three inches deep. They are not old but interesting though. Even found the coaches whistle and US clad. coins 008.JPG I also found my first ring, not sure what it is made of even though photo looks copper, I don't believe it to be copper. coins 001.JPG coins 002.JPG coins 011.JPG coins 010.JPG

Last edited:

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice! Although you should post this in Michigan finds rather than forums. The ring appears to have significant wear like someone wore it daily for quite awhile. Could be rose gold over silver. Nice nine dollar recovery in only six coins. I hope that you searched the rest of the field. How very ... "Loonie"

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's quite a haul there. I would say that the field has hosted MANY Canadian teams over the years to have amassed THAT many...
The ring is called a "claddagh" ring. It is an Irish "promise ring" kinda thing.. (I Think, it may be used for engagements too.. I forget)

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Gotta love those Canadian $1 and $2 coins....beats digging pennies!

HH

OP
OP
Michigander Dan

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, a "Claddagh Ring". Seems to be a better find than originally thought and thanks for the photo link on similar one Diggit. It is of a quality metal & very solid, not a cheap kids ring.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello Dan, I found one of those rings a couple years ago on the beach on Lake Huron, just a bit north of port Huron. If you check my profile, then click on
my pictures, you will see a picture of it. You did pretty good on the loonies and toonies for one haul.

Ray

OP
OP
Michigander Dan

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your ring seems to be in a little better shape than mine Ray. Too bad they didn't have the diamonds on them like the previous poster's ( Diggit ) link had. They both made of little better metal than some cheap kiddie rings but a good replica of the real deal...a teenager's ring. Thanks for showing Ray. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread