loose vs wrapped

TheMcs

Nov 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to CRH (haven't done it yet). I talked to a friend who is a teller the other day. He said they don't keep halves or dollars at the branches, they all go to the main vault. The only way to get halves would be to order $500. He went on to say that it is loose in a bag, not wrapped.

Is one better than the other? I can spare the $500 for a week or so to go through it all, so long as I get the cull deposited back in a reasonable time.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the reading I've been able to do so far.

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jump right on it. Get rollen. Find some silver. Good luck. Ask for loose or cwr halves also.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how I see it, my bank roll is about the same as yours I look for mostly loose or CWR if I can't find those I will take MWR just to satisfy the urge, its sometimes hard for me to dump depending on where I'm at in the country so I try not to tie all my money up in MWR I've had much better luck with the loose or CWR. Good luck to ya.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
If it's a bag I'd go for it! I've had great luck with bags, the risk is that you get some junk like tokens etc in the bag, but..... I've gotten up to 70 or so keepers in one bag, so it's worth it from my experience.

Good luck!

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Numismaniac said:
If it's a bag I'd go for it! I've had great luck with bags, the risk is that you get some junk like tokens etc in the bag, but..... I've gotten up to 70 or so keepers in one bag, so it's worth it from my experience.

Good luck!

I tend to think you're right, but I've gotten 3 bags back home and got skunked. I think in all three cases they were dumps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread