fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we still on for tomorrow? im good to go!

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was just Loco and I, we found two gold coins and diamond ring...ahhh just kidding but someday ill post that!! we did alright. Great spot to get familiar with machine. lots of signals and learning VDI numbers on good and bad signals. i pulled 23 cents out but dig many holes. a red bull can, some screw caps, and wire plus some aluminum fence wire. Good day to work on technic and plug digging for me. Loco pulled a bunch of clad and some cool tokens i cant wait to see cleaned up! Plenty warm if we stayed moving. little damp but all in all it was good to be out.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds awesome. Good thing I didn't try to go, on top of the flu now I got pneumonia, but can't wait for it to get warm again and not be sick so I can give it a try!

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn dude! A double whammy! Best to just get better, stuffs been buried this long another few months aint going to hurt it.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a good day to detect. We had plenty of acreage at the site to hold a group hunt. I have hit this place since late 2014 and it is still producing. I pulled $4.78 in face value, 3 different (Wings & Things) tokens and a key. It was nice to see the 1964-D silver Rosie in the hole. I do dig some trash, but hardly ever take pictures of it. I dug way more good targets than bad. This is a great site to learn your machine at.

Keepers

20180121_174015.jpg

All Finds (less the trash)

20180121_173805.jpg

I had a few other areas in that vicinity for use to hunt in a group. A couple wooded areas and some that were farm fields in the past.

Watch out everyone, if Fuzzy ever decides to dig plugs quicker than taking 5 minutes to evaluate each target ID, we are all in trouble. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!

I have a client who has a few acres in Oberlin that has an old house and old barn on that I'm going to try to get permission to hunt. Will keep you updated.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!

I have a client who has a few acres in Oberlin that has an old house and old barn on that I'm going to try to get permission to hunt. Will keep you updated.

AP since you are new to the hobby I highly recommend you hunt with me a couple times at one of my out of the way sites so you can become proficient with your machine and learn how to dig a good plug before you start digging up someones yard.

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AP since you are new to the hobby I highly recommend you hunt with me a couple times at one of my out of the way sites so you can become proficient with your machine and learn how to dig a good plug before you start digging up someones yard.

Oh heck yeah. This was more in the realm of being able to pay it forward and helping contribute a spot for the future.

I got permission provided he still owns it then. He also mention that his dad used to own a farm which had an old town center located on it, but they sold it when he past away about 8 years ago. Now THAT would have been a great place to hit up.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh heck yeah. This was more in the realm of being able to pay it forward and helping contribute a spot for the future.

I got permission provided he still owns it then. He also mention that his dad used to own a farm which had an old town center located on it, but they sold it when he past away about 8 years ago. Now THAT would have been a great place to hit up.

It sure would have been, most probably Rochester Center.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It's really cool seeing friendships develop from this hobby! I will try to keep my eye out for your finds!

OP
OP
Armor9

Armor9

Nov 9, 2017
Lorain County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Max, Makro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's really cool seeing friendships develop from this hobby! I will try to keep my eye out for your finds!

Wright, where you at? I’m guessing Dayton, with your name, but I ask because I have a AT Max as well.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wright, where you at? I’m guessing Dayton, with your name, but I ask because I have a AT Max as well.

Generally speaking, that's a good guess. Lol. I do travel with hubby and he's a walleye fisherman, so we go where the fish are biting. I'm new to all of this metal detecting myself. About the only thing I know is: if the MD makes a noise, start digging. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread