Loss of 2 gallons of water, almost passed out, but I found something!!

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Hi Everyone,

I have been taking some time off from detecting due to the extreme heat here in VA. The other day I decided to bite the bullet and hunt anyway. I was finding great pieces and kept on saying " Just one more signal". :o All of the sudden the heat hit me. I was getting dizzy and even threw up some water. :'( I know more info than needed. But you get the picture. I had about a 20 minuite hike out of the woods and was thankign God that I made it. ;D Well, won't do that again and I hope everyone is keeping cool this season. but on the bright side I found some cool stuff. Im going out again tomorrow but early before the heat kicks in. ??? Anyone have any idea that the piece might be in the 2nd photo. It's above the colonial button. It is 2 inches by 2 inches. Thanks and keep cool.

HH Ronin

Attachments

• whatisit.jpg
    whatisit.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 957
  • 080107digs.jpg
    080107digs.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 962
  • whatisit.jpg
    whatisit.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 955
Upvote 0

dgaughan

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2004
east northport ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 5 Garrett ace 350
you are 1 crazy guy nice digs just keep an eye out for the knights of ni they seem to show up when you are at your most delirious good luck and skeep cool

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Be careful out there!! Take a bottle of water with you...as much as I dislike the taste of water, I learned to take a bottle with me....as a similiar thing happened to me at the beach (that's why I detect in the early morning or late afternoon/evening with all this heat...but I didn't eject any fluids!!! But was dizzy as all get out...felt like I was going to pass out and it was a horrible feeling!

As for that piece, would it be a decorative piece for maybe a cabinet, piece of furniture? I see one hole and where it's broken by the other hole...that's what it looks like to me....

Love that colonial button!!!
Happy and Safe Hunting,
Annmarie

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Heat exhaustion is rough. Good thing you got out of there. Heat right now is really tough to hunt in. You have to be out at like 6 a.m.

HH Jer

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't it hot! :-\ Lisa and I went out a couple of days ago and it was too hot to be diggin holes! :-X Be careful! Love the finds!

Nana :)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Whenever I have days like that, I usually tell myself, "Suck it up, cupcake, or a self-inflicted gut shot will proceed!" :D

Nice finds, bud!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I have seen fittings like that where there is a pull ring attached to the top of the plate. You can see where something may have been attached at the top....and then perhaps the "plate" was screwed or nailed into the wood through the hole in the bottom.

But of course I could be wrong.
;)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Watch that heat exhaustion, it can kill you. Allways take water if you are out for awhile. Great finds, but don't do yourself in.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Ronin, we'd hate to lose you. I guess that would be one of more preferable ways to go though, lol... Be careful buddy

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat finds, you might wanna take a break from the heat and keep 8)

HH
-GC

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
zoyboy said:
Whenever I have days like that, I usually tell myself, "Suck it up, cupcake, or a self-inflicted gut shot will proceed!" :D

Nice finds, bud!

It wouldn't have to be self-inflicted...I could do it for you. :D

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
cool cool cool ,,,,,,,,, still LOVE the avatar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
an absolute classic......... :)

OP
OP
Ronin9868

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
MalteseFalcon said:
I have seen fittings like that where there is a pull ring attached to the top of the plate. You can see where something may have been attached at the top....and then perhaps the "plate" was screwed or nailed into the wood through the hole in the bottom.

But of course I could be wrong.
;)

I think you may be right with that. Thanks for the good eye.

HH Ronin9868

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be careful out there! Extreme heat can kill. Remember to take a hat, and plenty of water and to rest in the shade frequently. Be smart!!!

Nice finds-could the round dohicky be a saddle decoration?

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
:-\ This heat ain't nothing to be messing with. You have to take water with you and when its hot like this its best to hunt with a buddy so you can keep an eye on each other.
Nice finds, but not worth your life!
??? HH and stay safe

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread