Lost a bank today

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
After the last skunk, I decided to add some more banks to my "to order from" list. I stopped at a different branch, but same company that I currently order from. She said I could order from them for no charge, but she wasn't very enthusiastic about it. I had my doubts, but I ordered 1 box of halves anyway. She took my name and number and told me they should be in on thursday, she would call me when they came in. Thursday came and went, and no call. I went back to the bank on tuesday, and asked about the order. She wasn't in, but the guy I talked to promised to give her the message. I got a call yesterday, and she said "they didn't have enough halves to place the order." I didn't bother to ask who "they" were, but I asked her if I could be placed on a list to receive them when "they" did have enough. She hemmed and hawed, so I asked her when did she think I should enquire back about it. She said "maybe a year". ::) Guess I found another dump bank! ;D
But, on the bright side, I joined a credit union today, after they said I could order boxes of halves at no charge. This one might not pan out either though, as one of the tellers there tried to tell me they couldn't order them. The teller who had helped me open the account had allready called in and verified she could order halves at no charge, but this other teller tried her best to discourage me. Hope she doesn't get her way!

Upvote 0

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Chin up bud. I would love to roll up $1000 in dumps, go to the bank with the mean lady and say, "heres some halves for you since you cant find any."

OP
OP
B

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
Well,.... first I gotta get some to dump. But I seriously doubt I could keep a straight face. Heck, I'm laughing now and I don't even have anything to dump! :thumbsup:

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
yeah...i lost a bank today too. vault teller used the "F" word on me!!! :icon_study: after looking up the word "FEE" i told her "nah...but thanks anyway."

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
p.s. they are now officially a dump bank. and boy do i hate it. that bank was where i found an 1875 seated liberty dime last week. dang the bad luck but such is the fate of the wild poodle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread