Lost and found a strike out so far.

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Long story short. Someone from one of the other groups I am on asked for someone to metal detect to look for a ring that was lost by a member of her church. The man was mowing the lawn and took his gloves off from time to time to wipe his forehead. It is believed that is when he lost the wedding ring.

Unfortunately the man is in the hospital and not really able to point out where he was at or believes he was at when the ring was lost. To be honest he really doesn't know but again, unfortunately, the day he lost it was the day he was on the tractor to mow the 'entire lawn'. Were talking probably a good acre or two of property here.

I had a few friends join me to hopefully locate the ring to return to him but so far struck out. We didn't find out that he was in the 'entire' lawn until after we were done for the day and talked to one of the other caretakers. We just got a tiny little patch searched and there is a bit of trash in the area as well, pop tops, and beercan shreds. Luckily with the whites I can pretty much tell this stuff by how big or 'long' the signal is when you goto pin point but that isn't a guarantee so im digging everything.

The ring was lost a few weeks ago so we are hoping that it will still be pretty much close to the surface so that when we get a hit, we can move the grass around a bit and hopefully see it, but then again, the florida grass can grow quickly and im not sure how fast it really is able to grow over something like that and pull it down.

I took some gps coordinates on the property and am going to print out an aerial photo of it and quadron it off and try to do one 'sector' each week until i either find the ring for her, or cover the entire area he was at mowing. It also looks like Im gonna have to run the tractor myself again since he is unable to now..to mow, as some of the grass is about a foot tall in some areas of the field.

Ill keep ya' all posted and Im going to say WHEN I find it I will post pictures here for everyone to see. It just may take a few months to cover the entire area.

Im hoping I can get to meet him or talk to him or something to hopefully get a better idea of where he thinks he might have lost it at to narrow down the search....

Shredded beercans suck...

Aaron

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
I hear you about the shredded cans

I'd try and search outside the mowed area maybe a 20 yard perimeter as well,he may have mowed over it and the mower could of hurled it off the mowed section..good luck i hope your able to recover it for him

Stay safe & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread